Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Process Explorer shows 1/54 Virus Total

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cristie

Cristie

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:13 PM

I am very concerned.  When I ran my Process Explorer to find out what was causing such high CPU usage, I see at the very bottom that Sysinternals is showing 1/54 virus total.  When I right clicked and did Check VirusTotal, it showed a trojan at the top named win32/bancos. VirusTotal showed it as nothing to worry about, Microsoft showed it as a low threat in one place, and a severe threat in another.  Windows Defender showed "not infected".   MalwareBytes didn't notify me of any infection, nor did ZoneAlarm, but today it is gone, and didn't even think to do a screen shot, dangit!

Should I be worried?  I am getting mixed information when I search online.  It appears to have been around many years ago, out of Brazil, and stole passwords and banking information.

I made a small donation today for Bleeping Computer defense. This website has been a vital tool for me over the years.  I trust the information I can find here.  And I want to thank you guys for your very honest and thorough reviews which save novices like me (looking for the sometimes quickest fix e.g., Enigma SpyHunter) from much frustration and potential damage to my computer.  Thank you for that!!

I didn't find anything here about the trojan Win32/bancos...hmm.

Edited by hamluis, 13 February 2016 - 01:26 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 karolisbar

karolisbar

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 PM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:24 PM

I am very concerned.  When I ran my Process Explorer to find out what was causing such high CPU usage, I see at the very bottom that Sysinternals is showing 1/54 virus total.  When I right clicked and did Check VirusTotal, it showed a trojan at the top named win32/bancos. VirusTotal showed it as nothing to worry about, Microsoft showed it as a low threat in one place, and a severe threat in another.  Windows Defender showed "not infected".   MalwareBytes didn't notify me of any infection, nor did ZoneAlarm, but today it is gone, and didn't even think to do a screen shot, dangit!

Should I be worried?  I am getting mixed information when I search online.  It appears to have been around many years ago, out of Brazil, and stole passwords and banking information.

I made a small donation today for Bleeping Computer defense. This website has been a vital tool for me over the years.  I trust the information I can find here.  And I want to thank you guys for your very honest and thorough reviews which save novices like me (looking for the sometimes quickest fix e.g., Enigma SpyHunter) from much frustration and potential damage to my computer.  Thank you for that!!

I didn't find anything here about the trojan Win32/bancos...hmm.

just download kaspersky or ESET and scan it. :)

#3 peterracine

peterracine

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:44 AM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:34 PM

Hello Christie, if virus total only found that one anti-virus found something as positive it may be a false positive. If you are that worried I would tell you to run a few scans to see if they find anything. You may want to try of course malwarebytes, roguekiller, adwcleaner, and I use hitman pro only to see if it finds anything. I don't use hitman pros temporary license but, if you want to you can if it finds anything. Hope it helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users