Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dell laptop wont turn on

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 delliscrap

delliscrap

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:51 AM

So I have had this problem several times with the same laptop. I will go to sleep and when I wake up the laptop won't turn on. I do the RAM reset thing, remove the memory cards, but nothing. I'll just leave it plugged in and usually after a couple of days the laptop will suddenly turn on. Well, it happened again yesterday. I woke up and the laptop once again will not turn on. Can't contact dell support because they are absoultely no help. Thanks for any assistance you can give me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,499 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:45 PM

Check for a tiny little switch below the screen lid. It's possible that it got stuck down. Also, check the bios battery. A dead or low bios/cmos battery voltage will cause all kinds of craziness. Remove power plug, remove laptop battery, press hold power switch. Plug in power only no battery see if it boots. It could be a worn out or broken power port on the laptop.

#3 delliscrap

delliscrap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

Check for a tiny little switch below the screen lid. It's possible that it got stuck down. Also, check the bios battery. A dead or low bios/cmos battery voltage will cause all kinds of craziness. Remove power plug, remove laptop battery, press hold power switch. Plug in power only no battery see if it boots. It could be a worn out or broken power port on the laptop.

thanks! could you explain a little more with the bios/cmos battery voltage thing? Thanks. If this helps, it makes a noise like it's going to start up then it turns off. 

#4 delliscrap

delliscrap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

also i have the adapter pluuged in without the battery

#5 delliscrap

delliscrap
  • Topic Starter