Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Persistant Pop-ups

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 ctf3

ctf3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:32 PM

I ran all the suggested utilities and even went into the registry to remove the unknown files referred to in the F2 section of the HijackThis log file. They are immediately put back into the registry. Below is a copy of the latest log file. HELP! ! ! Please.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:45:08 PM, on 7/30/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperLite\DKService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\vptray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\Msinfo\OFFPROV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Downloads\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.comcast.net/home.html
F2 - REG:system.ini: Shell=Explorer.exe, C:\WINDOWS\system32\btxgh.exe
F2 - REG:system.ini: UserInit=C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,mpfkrso.exe
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SonicFocus] "C:\Program Files\Sonic Focus\SFIGUI\SFIGUI.EXE" BOOT
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMONTRAY] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [keyboard] C:\\kybrdef_7.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: pcAnywhere Host Service (awhost32) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\awhost32.exe
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Executive Software International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperLite\DKService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Active Monitor (imonNT) - Intel Corp. - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pomp

pomp

Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:10 AM

Hello. Ok, please follow these instructions carefully:

Please download Qoofix by RubbeR DuckY from http://www.malwarebytes.org/Qoofix.zip
  • Unzip all files to a convenient location such as C:\Qoofix.
  • Go to the folder you unzipped all files and run Qoofix.exe.
  • Click Begin Removal and wait for the scan to finish.
  • If an infection has been found, select yes to restart your computer.
1. Please download Ewido Anti-Malware
  • Install ewido anti-malware
  • Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop, double-click it.
  • The program will now open to the main screen.
  • When you run ewido for the first time, you may get a warning "Database could not be found!". Click OK. We will fix this in a moment.

You will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.
    • On the left hand side of the main screen click update.
    • Then click on Start Update.
  • The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
    (the status bar at the bottom will display ("Update successful")
  • Exit Ewido, do not run the scan yet!
If you are having problems with the updater, you can use this link to manually update ewido.
ewido manual updates

2. Please download Brute Force Uninstaller to your desktop.
  • Right click the BFU folder on your desktop, and choose Extract All
  • Click "Next"
  • In the box to choose where to extract the files to,
  • Click "Browse"
  • Click on the + sign next to "My Computer"
  • Click on "Local Disk (C:) or whatever your primary drive is
  • Click "Make New Folder"
  • Type in BFU
  • Click "Next", and Uncheck the "Show Extracted Files" box and then click "Finish".
3. RIGHT-CLICK HERE and choose "Save As" (in IE it's "Save Target As") in order to download Alcra PLUS Remover.
Save it in the same folder you made earlier (c:\BFU).

Do not do anything with these yet!

Reboot your computer into Safe Mode. You can do this by restarting your computer and continually tapping F8 until a menu appears. Highlight Safe Mode and hit enter.

4. Once in Safe Mode, Open Ewido:
  • Click on scanner
  • Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
  • You will be prompted to clean the first infection.
  • Select "Perform action on all infections", then proceed.
  • Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
  • Click Save report.
  • Save the report .txt file to your desktop or a location where you can find it easily.
Close ewido anti-malware.

5. Then, please go to Start > My Computer and navigate to the C:\BFU folder.
  • Start the Brute Force Uninstaller by doubleclicking BFU.exe
  • Behind the scriptline to execute field click the folder icon Posted Image and select alcanshorty.bfu
  • Press Execute and let the program do it's job. (You ought to see a progress bar if you did this correctly.)
  • Wait for the complete script execution box to pop up and press OK.
  • Press exit to terminate the BFU program.
Reboot into normal windows and post the contents of Ewido text report that you saved and a new HiJackThis log .. also please post the log from qoofix.

My help in removing spyware is free, but if you'd like to donate: Donate

PLEASE DON'T PM ME OR EMAIL ME WITH HELP ON LOGS :). POST IN THE FORUM INSTEAD

#3 ctf3

ctf3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 08:34 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. I followed the instructions you sent (hopefully to the letter) and the computer is operating much more normally than before. However, I am still getting a random message about the information bar popping up, even when the Internet Explorer is not open. Clicking on "OK" closes it.

Is there anything else that needs to be done? I will await your reply. Below is a copy of the Qoofix logfile, the Ewido text report, and a new HijackThis log file, as you requested. Thanks again.

Qoofix v1.03 by http://www.malwarebytes.org
Scan started on [7/31/2006] at [7:56:23 AM]
-------------------------------------------------------------
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in Qoofix.exe (3312)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in lkhchm.exe (1088)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in explorer.exe (1192)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in btxgh.exe (1204)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in btxgh.exe (1248)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in btxgh.exe (1300)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in SMax4PNP.exe (428)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in SMax4.exe (448)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in mm_tray.exe (476)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in iTunesHelper.exe (488)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in VPTray.exe (508)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in igfxtray.exe (520)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in hkcmd.exe (492)
Terminated module: rrhcyua.dll found in OFFPROV.EXE (2572)
C:\WINDOWS\system32\btxgh.exe will be deleted on reboot!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lkhchm.exe will be deleted on reboot!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mpfkrso.exe will be deleted on reboot!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qivft.dat will be deleted on reboot!
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rrhcyua.dll will be deleted on reboot!
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\drsdn.exe will be deleted on reboot!

User prompted YES to reboot, system now rebooting...
Scan COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY on [7/31/2006] at [7:58:04 AM]

Note: Some registry keys may have been removed.

---------------------------------------------------------
ewido anti-spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 8:51:13 AM 7/31/2006

+ Scan result:

C:\WINDOWS\xckzxrnv.exe -> Adware.BookedSpace : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Program Files\System Files\plugin.dll -> Adware.CASClient : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nsl1C.dll -> Adware.Ezula : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{3E4563A4-2A9B-4912-BE38-906A0CB702CC} -> Adware.FastFind : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{EEBA788A-C268-492A-B7FE-42C2B6C553D4} -> Adware.FastFind : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiaih.dll -> Adware.Ipend : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msnimk.gif -> Adware.Ipend : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cbiconfg.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cxyptext.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlsshlex.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\f6l0lg3m16.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iLssvcs.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iQsrecst.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ihxrtmgr.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\irjul5191.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\irp0l57m1.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mdrd3x40.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mutask.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rjutils.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\sIfrdm.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\syarddlg.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\uerrtosa.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vxrtear.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wkashext.dll -> Adware.Look2Me : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bin\bin.dll -> Adware.MediaBack : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tools\tools.dll -> Adware.MediaBack : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tools\tools.exe -> Adware.MediaBack : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\mmxsnet.exe -> Adware.MediaMotor : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\0REwKjWg.exe -> Adware.Midaddle : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\WinAffiliateBHO.WinAffiliateIEExtensi.1 -> Adware.MidAddle : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\WinAffiliateBHO.WinAffiliateIEExtension -> Adware.MidAddle : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\WinAffiliateBHO.WinAffiliateIEExtension\CLSID -> Adware.MidAddle : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\WinAffiliateBHO.WinAffiliateIEExtension\CurVer -> Adware.MidAddle : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\0zQo.exe -> Adware.Midadle : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\temp.fr1EB8 -> Adware.PurityScan : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\temp.fr8401 -> Adware.PurityScan : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Downloads\HJT\backups\backup-20060728-174506-384.dll -> Adware.Suggestor : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Downloads\HJT\backups\backup-20060728-195217-630.dll -> Adware.Suggestor : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Downloads\HJT\backups\backup-20060728-220621-419.dll -> Adware.Suggestor : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Downloads\HJT\backups\backup-20060728-221849-599.dll -> Adware.Suggestor : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Downloads\HJT\backups\backup-20060730-124018-355.dll -> Adware.Suggestor : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\BO2809040510.exe -> Adware.VirtualBouncer : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SplWbr.dll -> Adware.VirtualBouncer : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\PROTOCOLS\Name-Space Handler\res -> Adware.WebSearch : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\87g.exe -> Adware.WinFetcher : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\!PeperFix\MwuD1.exe -> Backdoor.VB.oq : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dmonwv.dll_tobedeleted -> Downloader.Agent.agw : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gebcdab.dll -> Downloader.ConHook.ab : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\iinstall.exe -> Downloader.IstBar.fp : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\!PeperFix\Esu6.exe -> Downloader.VB.em : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\!PeperFix\FmwN9.exe -> Downloader.VB.em : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\in10b6s.dll -> Dropper.Small.abe : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\first.exe -> Dropper.Small.sc : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\a5wu37rd.exe -> Dropper.Small.sc : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\first.exe -> Dropper.Small.sc : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IEService\v28.exe -> Dropper.VB.cd : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tools\2002.exe -> Hijacker.Small : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Local Settings\Temp\drsmartload180a.exe -> Hijacker.VB.fg : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mseggo.gif -> Logger.Delf.dx : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\USDR6_0001_D09M0706NetInstaller.exe -> Not-A-Virus.Downloader.Win32.WinFixer.l : Ignored.
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Cookies\fred@microsoftwga.112.2o7[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Cookies\fred@www.adtrak[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adtrak : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\system@cpvfeed[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Cpvfeed : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\system@c.enhance[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Enhance : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Cookies\fred@adopt.euroclick[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Euroclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\system@c.goclick[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Goclick : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Cookies\fred@data2.perf.overture[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Overture : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Cookies\system@stats1.reliablestats[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Reliablestats : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Cookies\fred@revenue[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Revenue : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Cookies\fred@banners.searchingbooth[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Searchingbooth : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Cookies\fred@searchingbooth[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Searchingbooth : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Cookies\fred@anad.tacoda[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Cookies\fred@ad.yieldmanager[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Fred\Cookies\fred@zedo[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Zedo : Cleaned.
C:\Program Files\Rmhi\Hsfqd.exe -> Trojan.Small.cy : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

::Report end

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:07:46 AM, on 7/31/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\DefWatch.exe
C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperLite\DKService.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\Rtvscan.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe
C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\vptray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\MICROS~1\Msinfo\OFFPROV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Downloads\HJT\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.comcast.net/home.html
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Easy-WebPrint - {327C2873-E90D-4c37-AA9D-10AC9BABA46C} - C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Toolband.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StorageGuard] "C:\Program Files\VERITAS Software\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAXPnP] C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMax4PNP.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMAX] "C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\Smax4.exe" /tray
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SonicFocus] "C:\Program Files\Sonic Focus\SFIGUI\SFIGUI.EXE" BOOT
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MMTray] C:\Program Files\MUSICMATCH\MUSICMATCH Jukebox\mm_tray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMONTRAY] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imontray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [vptray] C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\vptray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!ewido] "C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\ewido.exe" /minimized
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &AIM Search - res://C:\Program Files\AIM Toolbar\AIMBar.dll/aimsearch.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Add To Print List - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_AddToList.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint High Speed Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_HSPrint.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Preview - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Preview.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Easy-WebPrint Print - res://C:\Program Files\Canon\Easy-WebPrint\Resource.dll/RC_Print.html
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - America Online, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\ACS\acsd.exe
O23 - Service: pcAnywhere Host Service (awhost32) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\pcAnywhere\awhost32.exe
O23 - Service: DefWatch - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\DefWatch.exe
O23 - Service: Diskeeper - Executive Software International, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Executive Software\DiskeeperLite\DKService.exe
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Intel® Active Monitor (imonNT) - Intel Corp. - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel® Active Monitor\imonnt.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AntiVirus Client (Norton AntiVirus Server) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\NavNT\Rtvscan.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

#4 pomp

pomp

Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:44 AM

Updating Java and Clearing Cache
  • Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on the Java Icon (coffee cup) in the Control Panel.
  • It will say "Java Plug-in" under the icon.
    Please find the update button or tab in the Java Control Panel. Update your Java then reboot.
  • If you are unable to update you can manually update by going here:
  • After the reboot, go back into the Control Panel and double-click the Java Icon.
  • Under Temporary Internet Files, click the Delete Files button.
  • There are three options in the window to clear the cache - Leave ALL 3 CheckedDownloaded Applets
    Downloaded Applications
    Other Files
  • Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
    Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
  • Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.
You are clean! :thumbsup:

Since your issues have been addressed and you are ready to travel the net again, I will just give you a few ideas on how to stay safe out there. Best of all these programs are all readily available on the net for free :flowers:

To reduce the potential for spyware infection in the future, I strongly recommend installing SpywareBlaster and SpyWareGuard.

SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard are by JavaCool and both are free programs. SpywareBlaster will prevent spyware from being installed and consumes no system resources. SpywareGuard offers realtime protection from spyware installation attempts.

More info and download is available at:

Spyware Blaster Spyware Guard

Might I suggest the following Free Spyware programs for added security, you can download them at the following links. These programs work great for detection:

Ad-aware SE--Adaware Tutorial

Spybot S&D--Spybot Tutorial

Antiviruses play an important role in keeping your computer safe and worry free while using the net. *NOTE* Only one antivirus must be allowed to run on your computer, as having two or more running can and will cause conflicts.

AVG Avast

Firewalls are also a must in any good prevention :

Zone Alarm Tiny Personal Firewall

There are different browsers available on the net, other than Internet Explorer, we believe!! these are better for security purposes :

Firefox Opera

You must stay on top of your updates at all times, for the above mentioned applications.

It is vitally important to stay on top of your critical updates provided by microsoft.

This can be accessed by going to Windows Updates and following the prompts.

And finally a little Posted Image How did I get infected in the first place ? (by Mr. Tony Klein)

Good luck and safe surfing :huh:

#5 pomp

pomp

Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:15 AM

Glad I could help. This topic is now closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users