Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no ethernet outlet no problem?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alpha3100

alpha3100

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:05 AM

okay so i just moved in to an apartment but there is no Ethernet outlet but there is a coax outlet. right now im using wifi someone is letting me use but its not good wifi so i am wanting to get my own service

so my question do i need an ethernet outlet to set up a modem and router or modem router combo is the coax outlet enough?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,050 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 03:17 AM

Coax Cable would be for a TV not Internet.

What setup does the Wifi user have that you are sharing , are they next door or close by ?

Depending on what is available in the complex is your first avenue.

If you have a telephone installed in your apartment then Adsl2  would be available via a ISP , you would have to apply for the service and if availability of any ports. 

If you dont have a telephone , ask others within Complex as NBN or Cable may be available. 

Edited by Havachat, 13 February 2016 - 03:19 AM.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:51 PM

Actually...a coax cable may also provide Internet/phone service...depends on what the cable provider offers.  I have TWC and my coax cables carry TV, Internet, and phone.

Of course...a coax cable input is of no value unless you subscribe to the services offered by the cable provider.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users