Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help using Farbar Recovery tool

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Terri13th

Terri13th

• Members
  • 256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

Hello, on my way to trouble-shooting IE 11 not being able to download except in Safe Mode, I came on suggestion to run Farbar Recovery Tool from this site. I downloaded it in safe mode w/networking since that's the only way I can download, ran it, and have no clue how to deal with the results of the scan. It seemed to find multiple problems, but am afraid to run any 'fix' unless I can get some guidance. Could someone help me thru this, and tell me what to copy to show the scan results. I have both FRST.TXT and Addition.txt files generated by the scan in my download folder, and did not allow it to go ahead with any fix at all. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,542 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:37 PM

Please post the logs in a new topic in the MRL forum .

Also please read the following instructions for that forum:  Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .

Once that is done, this topic will be closed to avoid confusion.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users