Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor is on. But will not display anything. Need help please.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Topnotch115

Topnotch115

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:35 PM

Okay, I have a Gateway monitor as my primary monitor. And earlier this week it just randomly stop displaying any images. The screen is completely blank. But the blue power button is on. And I cannot interact with the monitor, It doesn't respond to pressing the power button or the side buttons for the settings. The moment I plug the monitor into the wall the power light (blue) turns on and it doesn't display anything at all. I can provide the specific monitor model if needed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,450 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

The first thing you have to do is to check to see if it is a computer problem or a monitor problem, and the simplest way to do this is to plug the monitor into a different computer to see what happens. If you don't have a second computer handy take it round to a friend's.

If it is still dead when you plug it into a computer with a known good video output then your monitor is fried, assuming it is a flat screen LCD type monitor. These are not economically fixable. If you are still using a CRT type monitor (large and heavy !) it may be fixable but more likely it has died of old age.

If the monitor bursts into life when connected to a different computer then the problem lies with (1) the cable, (2) your video card, (3) your mobo.

However from your description I suspect the problem lies with the monitor, but check anyway.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users