Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba Satellie Laptop Monitor Not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tilted

Tilted

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:55 PM

Good evening,

Recently I replaced the hard drive o. My laptop, and then restored it to factory defaults. This went over smoothly overnight, I woke up the next morning, turned off the laptop and took it to work. On lunch, I turned it on, and the screen was black.

I tried to reseat the ram, test the ram, power cycle, run on battery only , run on plug on plug only, and tried multiple hard drives. Nothing worked.

When I turn it on, I get the windows start up noise, and everything else is working fine. It will project on a separate monitor.

In my curiosity, I discovered this model has issues with the connector behind the screen, so I took it apart, repeated it, nothing happened, I then unplugged it and replugged it in.

This is where it went from bad to worse. Apparently I removed the cord, forgot to remove the battery, so there was a spark on contact, I quickly removed said battery. I repeated the connector but I fear the damage may already be done. Although, the spark was on the surrounding metal casting and not the connectors themselves, that gives me hope.

What should I do to further optest?

When/if I replace the monitor, what tests should I do if it still does not work?

Thank you all for your time!!

Edited by Tilted, 12 February 2016 - 03:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tilted

Tilted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:22 AM

Update, I got the screen to turn on, albeit extremely dim. After reboot, it is now back to black

#3 Tilted

Tilted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 07:16 PM

Update, I dissembled the laptop, repeated every cord I could find, and no change. Also, this model does NOT have an inverter.

#4 Tilted

Tilted
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2016 - 02:35 PM

Update, found the issue, broken ivds cord. So, now the question KS, can I plug in a Cfl in its place?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users