Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome on Windows 10 More Secure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Smsec

Smsec

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

Ars Techica has an article describing how Chrome on Win 10 takes advantage of some new security features in the OS.

Chrome picks up bonus security features on Windows 10

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,824 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

I would use Chrome before even thinking about IE or Edge on Windows 10. I don't believe edge has the ability to use addons currently. I refuse to use a browser where I cannot disable scripts on a page.

Edited by JohnC_21, 12 February 2016 - 02:36 PM.

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,081 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:17 PM

Post#21:
I didn't know you could disbale scripts in chrome either, I thought only firefox with noscript did that.

Chrome however is a pretty decent browser, it's certainly one of those easiest for people visiting webpages they absolutely know are safe and where they want advanced content to just work immediately rathe than needing enabling. Speaking for myself I use frefox for almost all browsing except a few sites which have no adverts, are very trustworthy and have videos, these I visit through chrome. As compared to IE and edge, chrome is a third party browser rather than a tool built deep into the heart of the OS. This means it's less common for exploits for it to be able to get to the rest of the system and cause harm, although it can still happen.

Edited by rp88, 12 February 2016 - 05:18 PM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 Smsec

Smsec
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:24 PM

There's an extension called ScriptBlock for Chrome. It's just on/off switch for JavaScript. NoScript for Firefox gives you much more control in being able to disable individual scripts. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users