Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Sounds As If It's Continuously Loading A Program

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Nat86

Nat86

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:12 PM

Hello,

My computer continually sounds like it's loading a program or a virus scan is occurring. Neither is the case. I've run anti-malwarebytes and nothing significant was found. There is nothing in the disc drive. At the moment, I have three programs open: Word, Outlook, and Firefox. AVG and Windows Firewall are running. Task Manager indicates 116 Processes, CPU Usage 15%, and Physical Memory 36%. The computer is also running slowly. This did not start after any new programs were installed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

Computer: Dell XPS 8300
Processor: Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40 GHz
RAM: 12 GB
System Type: 64-bit
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 06:31 PM

1.  Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

2.  Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download.  

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Louis

#3 Nat86

Nat86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:39 PM

Thanks for your response.

I've attached the MiniToolBox information.[attachment=176662:minitoolbar2.txt]

I ran Speccy also. My computer name includes my last name and so I'd rather not post the Speccy snapshot. I have attached the report as a text file with my computer name changed to "Name." I know the formatting isn't great.

Thanks for your help.

Mod Edit:  Removed attachment, which reflects Windows license data.  We specifically request data in a format where such does not occur and suggest that members requesting assistance...comply with what is requested, how it is requested.  Thank you - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 13 February 2016 - 06:45 AM.

#4 Nat86

Nat86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for your response.

I've attached the MiniToolBox information.attachicon.gifminitoolbar2.txt

I ran Speccy also. My computer name includes my last name and so I'd rather not post the Speccy snapshot. I have attached the report as a text file with my computer name changed to "Name." I know the formatting isn't great.

Thanks for your help.

Mod Edit:  Removed attachment, which reflects Windows license data.  We specifically request data in a format where such does not occur and suggest that members requesting assistance...comply with what is requested, how it is requested.  Thank you - Hamluis.

Do you mean that a txt file isn't accepted (even though it's an allowed format for uploading) because it's a Windows format? As I indicated, "to comply with what is requested, how it is requested" would have jeopardized my identity on a public forum. I can't imagine that any member assisting another member would want that.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,896 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:21 AM

IF...you bother to look at any of the topics (other than yours)...those who received attempts at assistance and those who actually were assisted...you can make your own choice about whether you wish to post requested data.

I'm not in the mood to convince you that your course of action...should imitate that of other members.

Louis

#6 Nat86

Nat86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:09 AM

Forum Rules:

"There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory. This includes flaming or instigating arguments."

Thanks for answering a basic question and yelling. Nice forum you have here.

#7 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:50 AM

Hi Nat86

It was me that reported your "speccy text" to moderators, because it contained your windows licence key (as louis explained) if you had published the snapshot NO personal data is displayed.

The mini toolbox does but being a copy and paste operation it can be easily edited in the reply box before posting

Hope that clarifies things a bit

Hedge 

#8 Nat86

Nat86
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:50 PM

Hi Hedge,

Thanks for the explanation. I didn't understand that "Reflects Windows license data" meant that my license key had been published. I thought the issue was that I used the txt file format. That's why I asked the question.

As I indicated, the snapshot would have contained personal data since my full name is the computer name --thus the reason for exporting the information, removing the computer name/my name (60 instances), and posting as a txt file.

It's interesting that the moderator's instructions to "to comply with what is requested, how it is requested" would have resulted in personal data being posted in a public forum via the mini toolbox report (and the snapshot in my case). The moderators might wish to instruct people on the "cut and paste" necessity to prevent such data from being posted. After all, moderators and members alike are clearly concerned with license keys being posted, and rightfully so. I would think that same concern would extend to members' names.

In the end, I did exactly as you suggested. I did a "find and replace" to remove my personal data. I chose to attach a text file because I thought it would be easier to read than a long, long post entry. When I asked for clarification from the moderator, I was met with rudeness and no explanation.

Though I may incur the wrath of the mighty moderators yet again, I suggest that they (and all members) be clear when they explain something (reflecting Windows license data), read carefully the responses (I didn't want to post information that contained my full name), and tone down the "Don't question, just do it my way" attitude.

Back to my computer issue.

#9 hedgeley

hedgeley

• Members
  • 306 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 03:54 AM

Hi Nat86,

I would just like to confirm to you and others who may read this.

The published snapshot of speccy DOES NOT contain any personal data (but when you on your computer view speccy the data is there)

As an example my computer name is Bruno and user name is Rob

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/EhHiduHfgNmorpkEGI5DGjr

You will not find that information in my published Snapshot

Again just to clarify

Hedge 

Edit:-  Glad I posted the speccy on inspection I have stuff in scheduler that I don't want running  

Edited by hedgeley, 14 February 2016 - 04:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users