Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

TPM & Message from Microsoft Edge

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 araj08

araj08

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:23 PM

I have an asus f555l with a windows 10 operating system. Brand new computer. I downloaded a exe file 9 days ago

and suddenly the computer started slowing down. When I clicked on the windows 10 internet explorer I got a warning signal requesting me to contact the windows support team. 

BSOD: dllRegisterSetting has detected the error code 0x80060402. Window's Defender Error Code: 0x80016CFA. Stop: 0x0000007B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Error Code 0x800610A3 while starting Window's Defender due to Malware Activity.

Window's Defender time out error code: 0x000B0043

Error code 0x800610A3 unauthorized access to registry dll

I called them and a technician told me that the cpu was around 72.  There are so many programs running I don't know which ones to delete. He told me the operating system was infected. I tried to restart the computer using the factory settings but the computer is still slow. On top of that I get this message:

A configuration change was requested to clear this computer's TPM [Trusted Platform Module]. Warning: Clearing erases information stored on the TPM. You will lose all created keys and access to data encrypted by these keys. Press F12 to Clear the TPM. Press ESC to reject this change request and continue.

I have been pressing ESC for now.

I do get pop ups. Ad block does not help

There is no malware in the system.

Edited by hamluis, 13 February 2016 - 11:24 AM.
Moved from Win 10 Spt to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:57 PM

Did you take a screenshot of the "warning signal"?  What is the name of the exe file which you downloaded?  What is the number you were asked to call?  It sounds like you are the victim of scam.  Microsoft does not display any message that asks users to contact them.

#3 araj08

araj08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:35 PM

I don't remember the exe file I downloaded but there was no virus or malware from that download. I already checked.

This was the message:

BSOD: dllRegisterSetting has detected the error code 0x80060402. Window's Defender Error Code: 0x80016CFA. Stop: 0x0000007B INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Error Code 0x800610A3 while starting Window's Defender due to Malware Activity.

Window's Defender time out error code: 0x000B0043

Error code 0x800610A3 unauthorized access to registry dll

This site says... Dear Customer, your system has detected possible Suspicious Activity. Please call the toll-free below for a Microsoft-Certified technician to help you resolve this issue:

(855) 820-1131.

For your safety please do not close your internet browser to avoid corruption to the registry of your operating system.

It repeats over and over again.

and this message will not go away and I tried to close to repeatedly.

#4 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:11 PM

Since the message will not go away, please take a screenshot of it and post it here.  If you don't know how to post the screenshot, please refer to this tutorial:

#5 araj08

araj08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:51 PM

C:\Users\Raj\Desktop\Image from Microsoft Edge.PNG

Please see if this works.

#6 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:00 PM

Sorry.  That's the path to the image on your computer and that will not work.  Did you follow the tutorial I linked to?

#7 araj08

araj08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:09 PM

http://s410.photobucket.com/user/araj08/library/

did this work?

#8 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 PM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

Agouoti was correct.The message that you described is a technical support scam. You must have been infected by malware in order for that message to appear. It is defintely not a Microsoft message, and definitely not in any way legitimeate.

I would suggest you open a case here ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ )  where volunteer malware removal experts will assist you cleaning up your system.

x64

#9 Agouti

Agouti

• Members
  • 1,548 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:39 PM

Yes.  That's a technical support scam.  No need to create another post.  I have asked a moderator to move this one.

#10 araj08

araj08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:34 PM

Thank you - please also delete the new one I cant seem to do it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users