Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trouble opening yahoo mail attachment in IE11. Is it a virus?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DukeBob

DukeBob

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:05 AM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 12:00 PM

I have trouble opening/downloading yahoo mail attachments on one of my laptops. When I click on it, I get the message "Do you want to open or save...", but instead of the name of the file that message continues with some gibberish, "raw?appid=YahooMailNeo=Token... etc"... I believe the file does not contain a virus, because it's one I uploaded myself. Does anyone know what is going on?
The OS is Win7 and the internet browser is IE11. After I noticed the issue, I tried opening some older attachments and none worked. I had the same issue on my secondary email address as well.
The problem occurs only in IE11. Other browser, such as Opera or Chrome, can open yahoo mail attachments just fine.

Is that a software issue? I think it's unlikely to be a virus, but, ever since I was hit by a ransomware 6 weeks ago, I have become jumpy when something does not work as it should.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users