Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 358 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:51 AM

I have a Dell laptop, it wouldnt boot up, i tried everything, changed and re seated ram, removed battery, etc, then i plugged it into an external monitor and it is showing up fine, but on laptop screen its totally black not even dim, would this indicate its the lcd or the inverter and how can i tell for sure?

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 14 February 2016 - 04:49 PM.
Topic closed

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,363 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:14 AM

Hello,
This appears to be a hardware issue. Can you please create a thread in the internal hardware section of the forums?
Thanks,
Chicken

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 04:48 PM

See also my reply to your topic here -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605032/dell/

For future reference it is not a good idea to have two topics on an essentially identical problem open at the same time - it just causes confusion for you and anybody replying.

On the assumption that you are going to follow the Chicken's advice and start a topic in the 'Internal hardware' section, I am closing both these topics.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users