Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display/Personalization is wrong and I can not fix it.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,063 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:36 AM

The resolution or display is wrong and I cannot put it back to what it was.

I had tested a couple of monitors with my notebook/laptop computer to see which monitor works and which monitor does not work.  Now, the resolution and proportion display on the laptop's monitor is wrong.  I cannot fix it.  I have looked in the Control Panel and the couple of help links but nothing will allow me to put back or change the display settings or resolution.  The machine seems to be stuck with low resolution of I'm guessing 640 by 480, and the desktop image appears stretched horizontally.  The laptop monitor is diagonally about 17 inches.

How can I fix this?  I do not remember the exact resolution that the computer display should have but I know it must be greater than what it is showing.  I do not know why the settings seem not changeable, or how to find and decide what to change/how to change.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cafejose

cafejose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,063 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 PM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 02:55 AM

Display returned to normal after computer restart.  (1280 by 800)

Edited by cafejose, 12 February 2016 - 02:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users