Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toshiba-CB30-B-104-13-Inch-Chromebook-Celeron, 4GB Ram, 16GB SSD

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 colscript

colscript

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:45 PM

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:44 PM

Up to now, due to my physical problems, i have been using mouse with Win7 on-screen keyboard successfully;is there such a program that can work like this on Chromebook ?

Where will I find prog that will run on this Chromebook Linux OS please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:49 PM

Hi.

I think this might help.

Turn on Chromebook accessibility features

You can make your screen easier to see, have your screen read to you, or use Braille with your Chromebook by turning on accessibility features.

Turn on accessibility features
  1. Sign in to your Chromebook.
  2. Click the status area, where your account picture appears.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. In the "Accessibility" section, you can adjust the following:
    • Show accessibility options in the system menu: Adds the Accessibility menu item to your status area.
    • Show large mouse cursor: Makes the cursor bigger and easier to see.
    • Use high contrast mode: Makes text easier to read.
    • Turn on sticky keys: Holds down the ChromeVox keys so you don't have to press them first every time.
    • Turn on ChromeVox spoken feedback: Describes what is happening on the screen.
    • Turn on screen magnifier: Makes items on the screen bigger.
    • Turn on tap dragging: To move objects on the screen, tap and drag your finger.
    • Automatically click when the mouse pointer stops: Click without using your mouse.
    • Turn on on-screen keyboard: Shows a keyboard that can be clicked with a mouse (or tapped if you have a touch screen).

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/177893?hl=en

Welcome to Bleeping Computer and the Linux section.

Edited by NickAu, 11 February 2016 - 09:22 PM.

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users