Thank you for your patience. Before we get to work here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Please do not run any tools on your own while we solve this. Some are rather powerful, and using one at the wrong moment can have catastrophic effects. Also please refrain from seeking help for this problem elsewhere. Too many cooks spoils the broth.
- Next, it is important that the instructions given be performed in the order given. We may need one tool to finish its job before another one starts.
- If at any time my instructions are not clear stop and ask for clarification.
- Rather than attach any logs to your post it is better that you copy and paste them instead, except if instructed otherwise.
- Any program that I ask you run should only be run once.
- As soon as your computer is clean I will let you know.
- Please try to complete any tasks and reply in 24 hours. I will try to do likewise.
- If you have any pirated software on your system I must ask that you remove them. No need for you to tell me if you do. Many times such programs are the source of many an infection, which makes cleaning a sick computer just that more difficult. And it's also against BleepingComputer's rules.
- Lastly, do not make any changes to your computer from here on out until you get an "All Clear from me.
Thank you for that prompt response. I would like a look at the state of your hardware. I like to do this with older computers.
- Download Speccy from HERE. The file will be spsetup128.zip
- Right click on spsetup128.zip, choose Extract as the option
- Accept the prompt to extract it to the folder given.
- Double click on Speccy64.exe.
- After the analysis is finished, click File in the upper left corner
- Choose Save as Text file. Note the name and place of that file.
- Copy and paste the results in your next reply
I see that you have already ran a couple of tools. As I mentioned above, please refrain from doing that while I am helping you. Meanwhile these tools did produce logs. It would be a big help to see them. They are in the following locations:
In the meantime please perform the following scans
Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
which will download a randomly named fileZipped Mirror
the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer
Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs
Temporarily disable any real-time active protection
It is very important you do not use your computer while GMER is running
Double-click on the randomly named GMER
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan
If you receive a warning about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system click NO
Please check in the Quick scan box
Please uncheck the following:
Show All <<< Important
If you see a rootkit warning window click OK
When the scan is finished, Save the results to your desktop as gmer.log
Click Copy then paste the results in your reply
Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your Antivirus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled
If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode
If GMER crashes or keeps resulting in a Blue Screen of Death, uncheck Devices on the right side before scanning
Any questions, please ask. And let me know how your computer is running.
- Please download MBRScan and save it to your desktop.
- Doubleclick on MBRScan.exe and click the Report button. (Vista and Windows 7 Users, right click on MBRScan and then click on run as administrator).
- Please don't use the computer while the scan is running. The computer may not respond until the scan is done. Please be patient and don't force a restart of the computer.
- When the scan is finished, a log file will appear.
- Save that log file to your desktop and post its content in your next reply.