to BleepingComputer.Please follow these guidelines:
my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.
- Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.
- print or copy & save instructions.
- back up all your private data / music / important files on another (external) drive before using our tools.
- Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.
- Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.
- Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.
- Ask for clarification, if you have any questions.
- Stay with this topic til you get the all clean post.
- My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.
Download Security Check
by screen317 from here
- Save it to your Desktop.
- Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
Vista / Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit
and save it to your desktop.
- Be sure to print out and follow the instructions provided on that same page.
- Caution: This is a beta version so please be sure to read the disclaimer and back up all your data before using.
- Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.
- MBAR will start. Click in the introduction screen "next" to continue.
- Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
- Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
With some infections, you may see two messages boxes.
- 'Could not load protection driver'. Click 'OK'.
- 'Could not load DDA driver'. Click 'Yes' to this message, to allow the driver to load after a restart. Allow the computer to restart. Continue with the rest of these instructions.
- If malware is found - do not press the Clean up button, please go to the MBAR folder and then copy/paste the contents of the MBAR-log-***.txt file to your next reply.
- If there is no malware found, please let me know as well.
*** Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double-click AdwCleaner.exeVista / Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the Scan button.
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
The actual line should say "Pending. Please uncheck elements you do not want to remove" => scan is complete.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
- The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it.
If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
- Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
- A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
*** MiniToolbox by FarbarDisable your antivirus if it does not allow you to download the tool!
Please download MiniToolBox
, save it to your desktop and run it.
Place a checkmark in Select all
, then click Go
and post the result (MTB.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.