Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 Hades Virus

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 jcSantos

jcSantos

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 11 February 2016 - 08:06 AM

My laptop is Dell with an OS: Windows 8.1
I have this long time issue and i search in google on this called "Hades" virus and i think this is the one reason why my computer is slow hangs often. i tried alot of antivirus like AVG,Kaspersk etc. but still i can't get rid of it :(. is someone encountered this kind of issue? please i need help coz i use my laptop everyday for my studies. i just want to get rid of this Hades virus. Thank you .

Mod Edit: Moved to Am I Infected forum ~~ boopme

Edited by boopme, 11 February 2016 - 10:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:38 AM

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:13 AM

What makes you believe you have this specific virus?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:18 AM

Please run Malwarebytes AntiMalware

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

1)  Double-click on mbam-setup.exe, then click on Run to install the application, follow the prompts through the installation.

2)  Malwarebytes will automatically open.  If this is the first time you have run this version of Malwarbytes you will see an image like the one below.

mbam1_zps95cc812c.png

Click on Update Now, after Malwarebytes is updated click on Scan.

If this isn't the first time you have run this version, then you will see an image like the one below.  Click on Scan

mbam1_zps98e7fba9.png

You will be prompted to update Malwarebytes, to do so click on Update Now.

mbam2_zps85f38f0c.png

3)  The scan will automatically run now.

malwarerun_zps9abd4ef1.png

4)  When the scan is complete the results will be displayed.  Click on Delete All.

malwarenew_zps34b58fdc.png

5)  Please post the Malwarebytes log.

To find your Malwarebytes log,download mbam-check.exe from here and save it to your desktop.

To open the log double click on mbam-check.exe on your desktop.  Copy and paste the log in your topic.

=================

Please run AdwCleaner

Please download AdwCleaner and install it.

When AdwCleaner opens you will see an image like the one below.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Click on Scan to start the scan.

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  If you have any questions about any items in the list please copy and paste the list in your topic so we can review it.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be closed so that the infections can be removed.  Click on OK.  The computer will be restarted to complete the cleaning process.

When the cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your topic.

================

This scan takes quite a long time to run, so be prepared to allow this to run till it is completed.

***Please note. If you run this scan using Internet Explorer you won't need to download the Eset Smartinstaller.***

ESET Online Scanner

• Click here to download the installer for ESET Online Scanner and save it to your Desktop.
  • Disable all your antivirus and antimalware software - see how to do that here.
  • Right click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  • Place a checkmark in YES, I accept the Terms of Use, then click Start. Wait for ESET Online Scanner to load its components.
  • Select Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
  • Click Advanced Settings, then place a checkmark in the following:
    • Remove found threats
    • Scan archives
    • Scan for potentially unsafe applications
    • Enable Anti-Stealth technology
  • Click Start to begin scanning.
  • ESET Online Scanner will start downloading signatures and scan. Please be patient, as this scan can take quite some time.
  • When the scan is done, click List threats (only available if ESET Online Scanner found something).
  • Click Export, then save the file to your desktop.
  • Click Back, then Finish to exit ESET Online Scanner.

Edited by dc3, 11 February 2016 - 10:19 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 jcSantos

jcSantos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 AM

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:15 PM

Thank you sir . hope this help :)

Edited by Orange Blossom, 11 February 2016 - 01:13 PM.
Removed unnecessary quote. ~ OB

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:02 PM

You have three topics open regarding this problem.  Two of these have been posted here in the Am I Infected forum and the third has been closed.  Both Jo* and I responded to these topics in the AII forum.  I will now request that a moderator close this topic.

You should only make one topic regarding a issue.  Post other topics on the same subject will only result in confusion and multiple responses as it has here.

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,906 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:14 PM

Closing this topic pending later deletion..  Other topic is here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/605150/the-hades-virus/ ~ OB :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users