Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows live mail

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 spngbobis4me

spngbobis4me

• Members
  • 389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:37 PM

I'm trying to send something to my e-mail and I keep getting this message? Can someone tell me how to fix this?Attached File  Capture.PNG   28.1KB   0 downloads thank you.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 11 February 2016 - 01:07 AM.
moved from Windows 7 to the appropriate forum

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brogoff

brogoff

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:58 PM

Migrate to another email client application. Windows Live Mail is a joke. A long time ago Microsoft bought an email application from another company and named it" Outlook Express." Many people have been confused by the fact that Outlook Express never had nothing to do with real Outlook, which is part of Office. Outlook Express is now part of the Windows Live application suite, which exists for no reason other than the fact that it still has a user community. I've been told that Outlook Express and Publisher are both "punishment" products for programmers who screw up on other products.

For many years, it was very difficult to move messages from Outlook Express to any other application. I understand that it's easier now but I'm pretty sure you still have to do explicit field-to-field mapping to move contact records because all the field names are different.

I highly recommend real Outlook. I've been using it since it was called Schedule+. Now that you can get Office 365 on a cheap subscription basis, there's no longer much excuse for using one of the free imitations. They all have spreadsheets, word processors, slide show apps, etc., but none of them have anything like Outlook.

Outlook supports the usual POP and IMAP email accounts (most webmail sites support them) and for professionals, it supports MAPI, which is the protocol for a Microsoft Exchange Server mailbox. I'm retired and I still use a hosted Exchange Server mailbox. It allows me to access my email, calendar, contacts, notes, and tasks from any computer anywhere. If I don't have Internet access, I can use an offline data file (.OST) to keep working until my connection is restored.

#3 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 AM

Posted 20 February 2016 - 11:45 AM

I'd export my email and contacts and then download Window Live Mail from Microsoft and reinstall it.  I've been using WLM since Windows 8 came out 5 or 6 years ago, and haven't had any problems with it in the last couple of years.  It was buggy at first, but it's been very stable for me for at least the last 2 or 3 years.  As an alternative, a lot of folks like the free Thunderbird which is from the same folks that bring us Firefox (Mozilla).

Good luck.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 21 February 2016 - 11:49 AM

If your hard drive and memory aren't full, based on the error code your installation of Live Mail has become corrupt. Your options are to uninstall and reinstall it, or switch to another mail client.

Depending on who your email service provider is, your email messages may or may not sync over to the new client.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users