Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck at bios setup/boot menu. please help.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 0motnahp0

0motnahp0

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 PM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:31 PM

Hello. Last week I replaced most of the insides of my PC with new parts. Everything was working perfectly for the first few days, but today, I was chilling online in a social app, when suddenly my computer froze. I couldn't select anything, so I decided to do a hard reboot. I shut my computer off, and rebooted it and went to use the toilet. 10 minutes later I came back and found that I was still at the pro series msi bios setup/boot menu screen. It shouldn't take this long to boot up, so I shut my pc down, unplugged the power, held my power button down for 30 seconds and unplugged all unnecessary devices. Still I get the same issue. 

I can get into bios setup which takes me to an msi screen where I can examine different parts of my pc, and I can access my boot menu. I have 2 drives. a 240 gig ssd and a terabyte hdd. I am dual booting windows 10 and windows 8.1 from the ssd. when I go into the msi menu, it clearly shows that it detects my ssd and hdd, and when I try to enter the windows boot manager manually via boot menu, I am just brought back to the pro series bios setup/boot menu selection screen to get stuck with a loading wheel of death.

when I view my storage devices in my msi click bios menu, I can see my drives say hotplug disabled. is that bad? or normal?

Also just tried to load windows from the usb I originally installed windows from. I get the same issue. cannot boot from usb.

I'm not sure how to tell you my system specs without getting on my pc, but I'll tell you what I know.

my pc parts include:

cooler master hyper 212 evo (cpu fan)

evga supernova nex650g 650 watt gold power supply

msi z170a pc mate motherboard.

intel i5 6600 processor

nvidia gtx 970 gpu

8 gigs of ram

corsair force 240 gig ssd (refurbished, but new to me)

my old hdd 1 terabyte.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by 0motnahp0, 10 February 2016 - 08:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users