Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Kaspersky Total Security, Kernal_Security_Check_Failures

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Justa

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Local time:11:04 AM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:58 PM

Waiting for my paid for copy of Kaspersky Total Security I downloaded the trial version just to see how things went.  Since downloading Kaspersky I am now getting BSoD failures that state "Kernal_Security_Check_Failure".  A big dump is made to a temporary file, system automatically reboots and once booted Kaspersky attemps to upload the temp dump to their server (I let it upload 1st time).  This occurs 2-3 times per day since I have started running Kaspersky.  Don't know if this makes any difference but I do run Malwarebytes real time.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on here and what to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,728 posts
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

I will move this topic to the Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support Forum where our staff may be able to help figure out what is going on.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users