Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not turning on/Not normal fix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beachfeet

beachfeet

• Members
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:49 PM

Greetings BC!

I took my Samsung np365e5c-s05us laptop apart, to spray out the fan, and when I put it back together, I was unable to turn it on. I was surprised, because this was not the first time that I have completed a task such as this, on this machine. I took it apart again, to make sure that nothing was damaged, or unplugged. I was unable to find anything out of the ordinary. When I say that the machine was unable to turn on, I mean that the power button, and indicator lights do not function, the HDD and fan do not spin, and there does not appear to be any sort of power to the machine. The only indicator light, that shows is a green light in front of the system when the AC adapter is plugged in. I have attempted to look up possible solutions for this problem, and what I have been able to find, are very average troubleshooting steps. Steps such as, is the ac adapter functional, and plugged in? Or, remove the battery and the power adapter, then hold the power button down for one minute. These steps, do not work for me. I am trying to get my hands on a Multimeter, on Friday, in order to test the hardware. In the meantime, I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions that I could try before then. I have read that since I removed the RAM, during the disassembly process, reinserting it, could have scrambled some things up.  I have tried to remove the RAM, and attempt a startup with only one stick in there, as well as various combinations of RAM, but still no luck. I have taken apart, and cleaned out this machine several times, and I really do not know what I could have done differently this time. Any suggestions, would be much appreciated.  Thank you, very much, for your time.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,670 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:23 AM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:36 PM

If the unit is totally dead and unresponsive, start your diagnosis from the wall socket, battery, to the power supply connections and trace the electrical connections from it to the motherboard socket. Make sure the connections from the power button to the power supply are good, especially the jack from the wall socket connection to the power plug. Those are notorious for breaking from the strain of the power cold plugged into the wall. I have replaced several.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users