Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Limited info about content of Windows 10 updates now to be published by MS

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 x64

x64

• Members
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:05 PM

Microsoft have now started publishing information about the content of the Windows updates that are delivered to the Windows 10 operating system.

see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/update-history-windows-10

Whilst obviously it's not everything that has been tweaked in the updates, it does look like a reasonable precis of important changes, and I consider it a positive step forward.

..."We're committed to our customers and strive to incorporate their feedback, both in how we deliver Windows as a service and the info we provide about Windows 10. In response to this feedback, we’re providing more details about the Windows 10 updates we deliver through Windows Update. You'll see a summary of important product developments included in each update, with links to more details. This page will be regularly refreshed, as new updates are released."...

x64

Edited by x64, 10 February 2016 - 03:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 AM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 11:27 AM

Thank you for this. Interesting even if not fully understood.  I have bookmarked it and will check in form time to time.

For me it raises more questions than answers at this time.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

#3 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 13 February 2016 - 08:00 PM

Good, about bloody time too

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#4 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 AM

Posted 14 February 2016 - 11:16 AM

A move in the right direction no doubt.  But if you have Windows 10 Home version, you have no choice about Windows Update, so this indeed raises questions about how this info will be presented.  What I'd REALLY like to see is a lot more detail about exactly what they're collecting in those Privacy settings, how they're using them, and what they'd do if the government demands to see their database.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users