Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 trevorcork

trevorcork

• Members
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:25 AM

Hi i have a client who has a dell laptop its vista, it wont boot when you power it on, no POST dell logo flashes for 1second and it goes again lights in front stay on tho but cannot boot, i tried removing the battery, i tried removing ram one stick at a time and re seating but still no joy, i think its a dead MOBO, is it worth replacing on laptop or better getting new laptop? or is there anything else it could be?

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 10 February 2016 - 07:27 PM.
Duplicate topic deleted.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 trevorcork

trevorcork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:24 AM

Ive since plugged into external monitor and its working but no display on laptop, what does that mean its graphics card or screen?

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:30 PM

Since you are getting a display on an external monitor the graphics must be working, leaving you with the conclusion that it is a screen related problem. Check the wiring to the screen as well.

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 14 February 2016 - 04:49 PM.