Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A Disruption of Sound in Dell Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shley

shley

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:52 AM

Hello,

I have somehow caused a malfunction in the audio of a DELL Latitude 6400 laptop with Windows 7 x64.  This is a brand new re-manufactured system and I have no CD's.

I tried to install the audio driver from DELL's product support (IDT 92HDxxx High Definition Audio Driver) because the speakers were so low that you could hardly hear sound when anything played.  However, this has now caused a problem and I have no sound at all.  Since that time, I have learned that the speaker sound at a very low level is normal for some DELL machines made at this time.

A screenshot of the Sound window message attached.

Could someone please assist me to fix this issue?

Thank you,

shley

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shley

shley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:24 PM

Problem solved.

Roll back version of driver worked well AND increased volume on computer speakers,

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,286 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:44 AM

Thanks for letting us know...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users