Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Osbuild 10586.104

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Atomic77

Atomic77

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:57 PM

Here we are and its patch Tuesday and a nice patch came out with a cumulative update and made our OS build 10586.104. have not had any issues with this update  but other then the os build number I haven't noticed anything different yet.

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:44 PM

I thought they stopped update Tuesdays?

I seem to get most of mine on Sundays,and someone said they go more by zones, than by sending them to everyone on Tuesday

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

Where would you get that from? Patch Tuesday has been around for years, and I doubt it'll stop any time soon.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Atomic77

Atomic77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:34 AM

Last I saw and read Windows gets updated on the 2nd Tuesday of every month. That has been the policy since way before I was born in the technology world. :)

ATOMIC77

​GEEKED AT BIRTH

#5 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,103 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

And build 104 popped in yesterday on my most recent set of updates as well.

I was born into the technology world right around the same time as Microsoft started making its mark.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:22 AM

Patch Tuesday (a.k.a. Update Tuesday[1]) is an unofficial term used to refer to when Microsoft regularly releases security patches for its software products. It is widely referred to in this way by the industry.[2][3][4] Microsoft formalized Patch Tuesday in October 2003.[5]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_Tuesday

At least, I was born at that time :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 Niweg

Niweg

• Members
  • 802 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

I got the update on my laptop yesterday as well.  If by chance you're on the Win 10 Insider program, you can get new builds just about any time.  My laptop is on the release version, but I have two desktops that're still on the insider program.  I can tell you that these two desktops have gotten updates and new builds on just about every day of the week with the exception of Sundays.

Make regular full system backups or you'll be sorry sooner or later.

#8 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

Where would you get that from? Patch Tuesday has been around for years, and I doubt it'll stop any time soon.

Pretty sure I read it here, on a thread

Instead of sending updates just on Tuesday, they were going to send them when they are ready to be sent.

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,660 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:13 PM

I would like it if you could find that post and link it. And see if there's a source to it as well.

unite_blue.png

#10 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2016 - 08:24 PM

Aura

I would like it if I could find it too. I have been posting here on a semi regular basis since July, and you expect me to go through all the threads to find something I read a long time ago?

The key word was, I" thought" I read somewhere..................

I know most of the updates I have gotten, seem to come on Sundays

All you would have had to say, is, No, you're wrong, they still come on Tuesdays, And I would have been good with it

#11 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:38 PM

Aura

I would like it if I could find it too. I have been posting here on a semi regular basis since July, and you expect me to go through all the threads to find something I read a long time ago?

The key word was, I" thought" I read somewhere..................

I know most of the updates I have gotten, seem to come on Sundays

All you would have had to say, is, No, you're wrong, they still come on Tuesdays, And I would have been good with it

I don't know, but maybe you're wrong. Although I never get patches on Sunday, wouldn't that be crazy for Microsoft to pay people overtime to release patches on a Sunday when the Internet is the busiest because of everybody being home and downloading Netflix and new Linux ISOs.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#12 Norseman143

Norseman143

• Members
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:04 PM

Rockey

I am pretty sure the updates are programmed into a machine, and doesn't need a person sitting there watching it.

I have gotton updates on different days, but most of them come on Sundays

Yesterday was Sunday, and I got KB3135173

I remember them talking about a November update that was Flawed, some people got it, some people didnt, Microsoft stopped sending the Update until it was fixed

#13 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,103 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:28 PM

Here's my theory, and part of it is fact but some parts conjecture.

There is no doubt that Microsoft is doing staggered roll-out on certain updates.  A good example of that was the Fall Update, where there was no way they were pushing it out to every machine in one fell swoop.

It also appears that Patch Tuesdays are still in existence, because those who are receiving updates to the production (as opposed to insider) versions of Windows first seem to have them hit on Tuesday.  I imagine that everything still rolls out over a period of days.  That would be consistent with allowing time for telemetry analysis to indicate unanticipated problems and stopping a glitchy update from hitting the entire embedded base of Windows 10 machines.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#14 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:15 PM

Rockey

I am pretty sure the updates are programmed into a machine, and doesn't need a person sitting there watching it.

I remember them talking about a November update that was Flawed, some people got it, some people didnt, Microsoft stopped sending the Update until it was fixed

I just checked my update history and I received update KB3135173 on 2/9/16. I guess that maybe different time zones/people/systems? receive their updates on different days.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#15 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

Rockey

Do you log onto your computer everyday? Do you manually check for updates everyday? It seems odd that there would be so much time difference between when I received that download and when you received it. Although I don't use my Windows installation every day, I always check for updates when ever I do use my Windows system.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users