Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Found a strange file named Haxlogs.txt

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alakazamm

Alakazamm

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:39 PM

Hello everyone!

I have an asus laptop running windows 8.1. So last I was in my file directory and I clicked on my c drive and in there was a file I never have seen before named Haxlogs.txt. It wasnt in any specific folder, just the c drive directory. I opened it and all it said was "this monitors and logs your HAXM drivers." Also it was modified 2 days ago. What is this file? Thanks for everyones support.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_GNULINUX_*

Guest_GNULINUX_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:46 PM

Seems legit, see: Intel® Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager  :wink:

Greets!

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:59 PM

Looks to be some type of diagnostic/status log for the driver.
hax_get_memory_threshold: 0x80000000

VT is not enabled in the system, HAXM not function

-------- HAXM release 1.0.7 --------

This log collects runnging status of HAXM driver.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 Alakazamm

Alakazamm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:13 PM

Thank you for your help. I just have no idea why it was hanging out in the c drive, and it was recently modified. I have been trying to upload a pic so anyone else who came across this may be able to find it before making a thread but after uploading it to flickr and a few others, it won't allow me to post it. If someone could please explain which hosting sites are ok, I will do that.

Now I have another issue thats weird, while uploading files to virustotal to see if they have been altered, I was in my C:\Windows\System32 directory bc I saw 2 of almost the exact same files name perfc009 and perfh009 dat files which were modified today at 2:50 am. But when I went to upload them to virustotal and browsed thru my directory they weren't there anymore. So i opened my directory, and the directory I was using in the browser and they were there so I got a pic of that. I am really bout to factory restart my bleeping computer lol but I have so many things I've done to it. I wonder if it will re partition my hard drive and I will lose my ubuntu dual boot...Should I start a new thread for this? Sorry I am new here and just want to do things the right way.

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,613 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:07 PM

Hosting sites: Photobucket, Data File Host, Glowfoto, TinyPic, ImageShack.

But an image wouldn't help much since the log belongs to Intel Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager...you would need to ask them about it.

Perfc009.dat and Perfh009.dat are related to Windows Performance Counter Library values.

Correcting Corrupted Performance Counters.

...These counters are stored on your local system under the %systemroot%\System32\ directory in two files named Perfc009.dat and Perfh009.dat.

How to manually rebuild Performance Counter Library values .

Extensible counter information is stored in both of the following locations:
* The following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Perflib\009
* The %Systemroot%\System32\Perfc009.dat file and the %Systemroot%\System32\Perfh009.dat file

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users