Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some food for thought

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:25 AM

This is a Hennessey Venom GT. The world's fastest car at 270.4 MPH

219167.jpg

This is a watch... No stereo, no air conditioner, does not go 270 MPH

audemars-piguet-royal-oak-offshore-autom

And they both cost the SAME!  ($1.4 million dollars)

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:56 AM

Imagine paying that much for a vehicle that doesn't even have a trailer hitch....such a yolk.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 66Batmobile

66Batmobile

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:43 PM

Is it me or does the car's insect like appearance seem to indicate where the "Venom" name came from? :scratchhead:

And for that much, both items better be fully James Bond equipped too... :woot:

Whatever it was...I didn't do it!

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,846 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:39 PM

Can't wear any metal and the car, can't drive it, some drunk will just run into it.

#5 Naught McNoone

Naught McNoone

• Members
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:46 PM

Does it come with Child Restraint Anchors, as mandated in law by Transport Canada?

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,758 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:18 PM

I would be willing to say yes. They will be wrapped in plastic and in the 'glovebox' or part of the 'welcome' kit. With an offer of 'free installation' by the dealer. :P

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:23 PM

Am I the only one to notice that the sweep second hand isn't moving?

Edited by buddy215, 10 February 2016 - 02:25 PM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,758 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:34 PM

Neither is the car..... Coincidence at $1.4M price point???

I think not!

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#9 Arthfael

Arthfael

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:35 PM

At least the watch won't require constant maintaining  :lol:  Nor are you likely to run into the "that's so yesterday" problem with the watch.

#10 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,313 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

I just got this one at less than half the cost of that one in the OP.

animated-clock-image-0065.gif

#11 Guest_hollowface_*

Guest_hollowface_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:17 PM

I can't imagine spending that much on a car. The watch I could see, if I ever needed to get a large quantity of money out of the country (not sure how that senario would arise :P), but I could never imagine wearing something of that value in day-to-day life. I'd be too nervous about damaging it. Plus, I'd have no idea what time it was; it's analogue, and has no numbers!

#12 66Batmobile

66Batmobile

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:06 PM

I just got this one at less than half the cost of that one in the OP.

animated-clock-image-0065.gif

Well, since this one is counting off 5 seconds with every tick, I can see why you got such a deal... :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, I could not see wearing the pricey one except as part of an ensemble including an Elvis jumpsuit, or possibly one of Macho Man Randy Savage's robes :blink:

Whatever it was...I didn't do it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users