Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Using command prompt to fix issues with Visual Studio and Intel Fortran Compiler

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ElmerM

ElmerM

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:03 AM

Hey everyone!

I'm not very familiar with troubleshooting issues on Windows, so please forgive my ignorance.

I'm trying to run a Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 build, but some of the files are incompatible due to issues with Intel Visual Fortran Compiler. I have installed the latest version of Intel Parallel Studio, so I do actually have the Fortran Compiler on my PC (an HP running a 64-bit Windows 7). On Intel's website, I have found what I need to do, but I'm having serious trouble executing it. It says I need to open command prompt with Administrator privileges, which I managed to do, and then type the following commands:

cd %VS140COMNTOOLS%
cd ..\..\Intel Fortran\VFPackages
integrate.bat "%VS140COMNTOOLS%" /u

integrate.bat "%VS140COMNTOOLS%"

Here, I'm just lost. How do I do this? Where do I need to press Enter? How do I interpret this? I tried to figure it out on my own, but after the first step it syas it can't find the path. Could any of you give me some clear instructions?

Thanks in advance!

ElmerM

Edited by hamluis, 09 February 2016 - 11:48 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:46 AM

Read this article and their solution.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 ElmerM

ElmerM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:46 PM

Great, it worked! I still have 88 errors though, but thank you very much!

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:49 PM

Let us know if you have any further problems.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users