Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstop!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 newchap

newchap

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:20 AM

:thumbsup: I've got this item in startup that i can't delete.What is it and how do i delete it properly?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:12 AM

First of all, you need to disable it in the startup menu.

I recommend Startup Inspector for that.

Startup Inspector (manages startup menu helps you identify aps in the startup menu so you can disable unnecessary programs from running in the background when they are not needed)

And

Startup Monitor (a small freeware ap available on the same page to notify you and require your permission for any program to add itself to your startup menu)

http://www.windowsstartup.com/download.php

After that, if you want to uninstall it completely use add/remove programs in the control panel.

#3 newchap

newchap
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:42 AM

I disabled it in msconfig and downloaded the program as you said,it didn't show up in the program and is not in add and remove.Is there a way that i can delete this?Is this a file from outpost firewall?This is not the firewall i'm using now.

#4 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:00 PM

Do you still have Outpost in your program menu?
If so, it may have its own uninstaller.

If it is in your start/program menu rest your cursor on it and see if a submenu opens that has an uninstaller.

I would think it would be in add/remove programs though - it may be in there under another name, possibly the publisher, Agnitum.

In any case, use Windows Explorer (use classic view) to find Outpost on the drive on which it is installed.

Click on the Outpost file in the left pane.
(usually C:\Program files\Agnitum\Outpost Firewall 1.0)

In the right pane look for unwise.exe, which is the uninstaller.
Double click on it and the uninstaller should start.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users