Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with viruses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bcosminn

bcosminn

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:20 AM

Hello! My problem started 3 days ago when all my documents, music and photos was renamed (random letters and numbers) and extension was changed. New files looks like this "4v2hyht7.b68". I didn't make anything because I didn't want to distroy something. I have windows 8. Is any possibility to get my files back? Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 AM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:50 AM

It's ransomware. See info below compiled by quietman7

A repository of all current knowledge regarding TeslaCrypt, Alpha Crypt and newer variants is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this topic: TeslaCrypt and Alpha Crypt Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ.

Currently, there is no way of decrypting TeslaCrypt 3.0 .xxx, .ttt, or .micro variants since they use a different protection/key exchange algorithm, a different method of key storage and the key for them cannot be recovered. The .xxx, .ttt and .micro variants do not have a SharedSecret*PrivateKey so they are not supported by the current version of TeslaViewer. If infected with any of these extensions, backup all your encrypted files and wait for solution.

There is an ongoing discussion in this topic where you can ask questions and seek further assistance.

You can also post comments in the related BC News article:

Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in that topic discussion. Doing that will also ensure you receive proper assistance from our crypto malware experts since they may not see this thread. To avoid unnecessary confusion...this topic is closed.

Thanks
The BC Staff

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users