Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

free light video capture software?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:14 PM

One of my people has just asked me to capture a 20 second clip out of a dvd for him.

Rather than ripping the whole DVD and then editing out the clip I figure the easiest way would be just to do a screen capture.

Any recommendations on something I can do this with on Linux or Windows?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:44 PM

Seems like this is the best answer

https://obsproject.com/

Any other suggestions?

#3 Guest_GNULINUX_*

Guest_GNULINUX_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:27 AM

Rather than ripping the whole DVD and then editing out the clip I figure the easiest way would be just to do a screen capture.

On Linux I use RecordMyDesktop, it's in Software Manager on my Ubuntu based Peppermint OS.

Should also work on Debian...

Greets!

#4 AllenSteve

AllenSteve

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:13 PM

OBS works fine but it is a little complicated and time-cosuming for recording. One handy tool I use is a free screen recording application offered by ShowMore website. It allows me to capture any activity on my screen with an adjustable frame and video comes out in nice quality.

#5 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:20 PM

I found OBS a bit of a bummer to plug and play too. Ended up just adding a couple of libraries and use K3B to rip the vid, then edited the clip out.

#6 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 976 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2016 - 11:39 PM

"Video" suggests you want something like for screencast recording.  An easy-to-learn program is the downloadable edition from screencast-o-matic.com.  I have used it several times and its use is not too complicated.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users