Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replacing Laptop Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pyrokiss6891

pyrokiss6891

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:39 PM

I accidentally crushed my laptop underneath a chair leg and now have some spots on the screen. The laptop is a Lenovo Flex 3, and the touch screen still works, but the display has black splotches along where there are crack lines. There doesn't feel any cracks in the glass itself. My rudimentary research says that just the LCD needs to be replaced but I want to make sure. If that is all that needs to be fixed, does anyone have a guide to replacing it? I can post a picture if anyone needs it.

Thank you for any help in answering my questions.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Demonslay335

Demonslay335

Ransomware Hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 3,511 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:51 PM

Just a heads-up from past experience with Lenovo laptops of that series, the glass is glued down really strong, and parts are hard to come by. We are Lenovo partners and even we have issues getting parts for those things. They will want you to send it to the Depot for $99 to even look at it, not sure what the repair bill would be.

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic]

ransomnotecleaner-25.png RansomNoteCleaner - Remove Ransom Notes Left Behind [Support Topic]

cryptosearch-25.pngCryptoSearch - Find Files Encrypted by Ransomware [Support Topic]

If I have helped you and you wish to support my ransomware fighting, you may support me here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users