Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

URGENT PLEASE stuck on automatic recovery (laptop fell but seems to be alright)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 projectfear22

projectfear22

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:52 AM

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:14 PM

I'm sorry to post this on the General Chat but It's really urgent

Hello so I was sleepy but didn't want to sleep and decided to put on an audio book while lying with my laptop on my upper legs and I forgot I had it and as I turned around it fell. Nothing is broken no wrong sounds or anything. The windows however annoys me.

When I turn it on it then loads for a longer while and then says something along the lines of encountered a problem we will restart for you to gather info or something. Then it restarts goes into automatic recovery and then that screen disappears and leaves just a grayish screen, after some while of waiting it goes into a loop it restarts again and goes into automatic recovery

What should I do please help (writing this from PC which has w7)

I'm not sure which win my laptop has, when I looked at the online store it said 8.1 when I look in the papers it says 8 so I'm confused, maybe they just write 8 but it's really 8.1

HELP PLEASE! THANKS :D

Toshiba Satellite S875D - S7350

some guy says I should check system partition for filesystem errors, my friend says I should try swf scan or whatever it's called ( I can't access cmd promt though)

also my friend says I should try this: go to f12 - enter setup - advanced - boot mod - csm boot

What should this do though?

(On F12 I have boot hdd, usb, odd, lan, enter setup, hdd recovery)

INFO: So I apparently managed to get the command F8 (system restore) to the laptops 'brain' (since booting became so fast it can't recognize i pushed a button) but it doesn't opet Safe Mode it only opens Automatic Recovery then the grey screen then a longer wait and then restart and continues the same circle

I learned that I might have a built in HDD Recovery option which is something like System Restore (btw I even made a restore point when I just bought the laptop)

Is it safe to try that? (it's on f12)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 08 February 2016 - 05:46 PM.
moved from General Chat

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,713 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:08 AM

You can't use F8 to boot into Safe Mode.  Windows 8 / 8.1 boots too fast to enter this command.  You can set the computer to boot into Safe Mode once Windows is open, or you can enable the F8 key to boot into Safe Mode once Windows starts loading.

Dropping a laptop with it running can damage the hdd.  I would suggest running running SeaTools for DOS.  You will need to download this to another working computer and then burn the ISO file to a CD to create a bootable disc.  This disc should be placed in the tray of your DVD/CD drive, turn the computer off, then restart the computer.  Once the disc is recognized you will receive a message suggesting you to press any key to continue.

You may need to enter the BIOS to set the DVD/CD drive as the first device in the boot order, and the hdd the second drive.

Please download SeaTool for DOS to your desktop.  This will make it easy to find the ISO file.

When the SeaTools for DOS website opens click on I Accept, then click on the Download button.

This download is a ISO image which you will need to burn to a CD or DVD in order to create a bootable disc which be used to run the diagnostic tests.

To burn this ISO file to a CD or DVD use the instructions below.

Notice:  This applies only to Windows 7 and Windows 8, earlier versions do not have this.

1.  Place a blank CD or DVD in the tray of your optical drive and close the tray.

2.  After you have downloaded the ISO image you want to burn right click on the Start orb, then choose Windows Explorer.

3.  When Explorer opens click on Downloads in the left pane.  Scroll down till you find the ISO file you want and double click on it.  Click on Burn Disk Image.

4.  In the image below you will see Disk burner:, this should be set to the optical drive you want to use.  Click on Verify disc after burning if you want to Windows to verity the disc image after burn.  Click on burn.

burndiskimage1_zpsb502b181.png

5.  In the image below you can see that the green progress bar, when the image is finished burning the bar will be filled.

burndiskimage2_zps17a9d6ff.png

6.  After the image has completed being burned click on Close

Once the disc is created load it in the CD/DVD drive and restart the computer.

If the disc is recognized you should receive a message instructing you to press any key to continue to boot from the disc.

Please note:  You may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Please run the short test and include the results in your next post in this topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users