Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome Black Screen?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wolffie03

Wolffie03

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:26 PM

So I'm not sure how this happened or what but recently, I can be browsing several tabs and when I click back on one of them, Chrome will suddenly freeze up and have a black screen. I can't do anything. If I try to launch another new window, the page is blank. I close it, reopen chrome, everything's fine, right? Wrong. Turns out my desktop goes insane with some flickering and the only way I've figured how to fix that is by restarting file explorer; flickering desktop icons are gone.

Unfortunately, I've had to close Chrome and do this several times in the past couple of days. The only difference I noticed was that I actually have my flash enabled and not disabled like I normally do. Before, I would disable flash because of their security issues and because I don't really use it for anything. So can someone help or try to help pinpoint the problem for me? Thank you. I don't want to constantly close my Chrome and have to restart file explorer. The only solution I've seen so far was putting something like this: --disable-gpu --disable-software-rasterizer after the shortcut. I barely tried it out not that long ago, so I can't say for sure if it solves my problem or not.

Edited by Wolffie03, 07 February 2016 - 10:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolffie03

Wolffie03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 PM

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:44 PM

Bumping this up because no matter what solution I tried I still got the black screen. (And yes. I was playing a game. Don't mind that.)

Chrome%20Derping_zpsqwkhixif.png

Can anyone tell me of any solution? I've tried literally everything even fixing stuff in the properties by adding additional stuff. Nothing. Google Chrome just derps when it feels like it randomly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users