Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Jumping Graphics Please Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 morkfromork

morkfromork

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:56 AM

Ok so i brought a new nvidia 7600gt graphic card for my dell dimension 5000. I've disabled the onboard graphios and fitted the new card. Everything was great for the first two weeks. I have also fitted a ocz modstream 450w power supply as the original unit had a 305w one.

Any way my problem is this, the core temp for the graphics card was about 60-63c, so i installed a pci fan under neither and this has brought the temp down to about 50-55c. All has been well till yesterday while playing day of defeat(not source) i seem to be stuttering or freezing for a couple off seconds then the game carries on then a couple of seconds later it freezes again. Also when i crouch the screen seems to jump but when i go prone there is nothing but i still get the freeze while trying to move.

Anyone have any ideas they might be able to shed some light on this? :thumbsup:

Edited by morkfromork, 30 July 2006 - 07:02 AM.

The crazy thing is i crash landed in an egg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:54 PM

You may have the resolution or refresh rate at a setting that your monitor is not capable of doing, you may not have enough RAM, or your card may be overheating when stressed.

How much ram, what size processor?
Check the other things mentioned above.

#3 morkfromork

morkfromork
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 02:29 PM

I thought about the heat but when i'm playing i've checked the temp from the card and its still the same not much change.

I've got 1024 ram and a 2.8 intel pentuim 4 cpu. I also thought about the resolution and have tried it on 60 and 75 hertz (top and bottom settings) and still the same problem. Its strange that i was ok for the last two weeks and now this. Could the card be faulty???

The crazy thing is i crash landed in an egg

#4 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:16 PM

May be an obvious one, but have you tried re-installing the VPU drivers?
[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users