Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse click problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dodoram

Dodoram

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:08 PM

For the past 15 or so days my mouse has not been working properly  on a web based business software. I have to probably click 10 to 20 times before the software responds to the click. I reinstalled that software, set up a new windows user and installed this software for that user, but none helped. I checked for malware through the help of Bleeping Computer and everything seems fine malware-wise. I now found that this issue not only occurs with the above mentioned software, but when I tried to use Adobe Photoahop today, I am  noticing extremely slow response to mouse clicks on this software too. (I deleted the Prfs file in Photoshop and let the software rebuild it, but this did not help my mouse click problem). I even noticed it when I right clicked on a file in my documents folder to rename a file. The response here, however, is not that bad like the other two software, but was not instantaneous (which used to be the case). I could see a circle (which I get when the computer is waiting to respopnd) briefly before the mouse worked.

Please let me know what should I do. 

I run Windows 10

Memory 24 GB

C Drive is SSD 256GB with 180GB free space left

Free Disk Space on D Drive about 900GB (This is where the scratch disk for Adobe is)

Mouse Logitech HID-compliant: LX3 Optcal Mouse

I also do not know how to delete and reinstall the mouse driver in Windows 10. I downloaded the correct driver from Logitech but did not do anything with it yet, awaiting instructions from you guys. This (SetPoint6.67.83_smart.exe) file is sitting in my download folder.

When I checked the mouse drivers from the mouse properties in Control Panel/devices/advanced options/driver details, I found that the  driver details box shows several files with first file highlighted: The files listed there are as follows (don't know if this is relevant information):

LHidFilt.sys

LMouFi;t.Sys

couclass.sys

mouhid.sys

LkmdfColst.dll

LMouFiltColnst.dll

I really need the above mentioned (first) software to work flawlessly for making a living. The Mouse issue has been causing problems. Please help me.

Thanks

Arun

Edited by Dodoram, 07 February 2016 - 08:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:26 PM

does the mouse respond in this way to all programs or just this particular one? Do you have any alternative mice you could try?

Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users