Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I need to update bios on computer?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Natalie15

Natalie15

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:38 AM

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:52 PM

Programs, like browser and players overload processor often, if I update bios, will it make my processor not to be overloaded every time? Maybe it could fix this problem?

Edited by Natalie15, 07 February 2016 - 05:55 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:25 PM

No, in fact upgrading the BIOS can brick your machine if you dont know what you are doing.

I would focus more on the software end first, if you are getting poor performance maybe its not a hardware issue but a software one.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

xu847p-6.png

#3 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:52 PM

+1.....Flashing a BIOS never increases performance; that is not the job of a BIOS. It's job is to point the power signal to the operating system so that it will boot (Yes, you can overclock a processor using the
BIOS and that will speed up the system, but if you are experiencing noticeable slowing in normal boot that is what you must address) plus a few other things. First, check that you are not loading a boat-load of garbageware on boot (80% of the time that is the reason for a computer slowing) or hardware problems.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#4 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:11 PM

You should never flash BIOS unless your are having overclock / hardware detection issues, and only then with great care.

Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#5 Natalie15

Natalie15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:53 AM

I tried everything: cleaned StartUp folder, all temp folders, registry, checked several times for viruses, and finally I installed a new hard drive, the situation is the same even with a new hard drive. So the problem is not with OS.  Maybe it's because the processor is old, or, as I said, updating bios would help to solve this problem.

#6 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:14 AM

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#7 Natalie15

Natalie15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:26 AM

List Installed Programs

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Did you understand what I've said? The problem is not in software. Once I checked my computer with this program, it didn't show anything. This is not a processor diagnostic program.

Edited by Natalie15, 08 February 2016 - 08:26 AM.

#8 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:30 AM

List Installed Programs

Did you understand what I've said? The problem is not in software. Once I checked my computer with this program, it didn't show anything. This is not a processor diagnostic program.
But let's not rule out a hardware or a software problem. Speccy and mtb will give us more information about hardware and software to help diagnose the problem.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#9 Natalie15

Natalie15
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:10 AM

I said I've already checked computer with those programs, but it didn't show anything wrong. It shows that averything is OK. I need an advice of a person who has encountered this problem before.

#10 Captain_Chicken

Captain_Chicken

• BC Advisor
  • 1,369 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:04 AM

I said I've already checked computer with those programs, but it didn't show anything wrong. It shows that averything is OK. I need an advice of a person who has encountered this problem before.

They do not diagnose of fix problems! They simply give us more information about your pc to help us diagnose the problem.

Computer Collection:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#11 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:00 PM

A symptom can be caused by many different problems. Even if someone has seen the exact same issue you have, there is no guarantee that it had the same root cause. Please run the informational tools as Capt. Chicken suggested so that we will have more information about your problem.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users