Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blu-ray.com Website Problem e.g. Pages not Loading

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Billy32

Billy32

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:51 AM

I have this intermittent problem with the following websites: http://www.blu-ray.com/ and http://forum.blu-ray.com/. Evertime I try to load one of these sites it either hangs indefinitely or loads but with no embedded images or videos. Somtimes I'll restart my browser and clear cookies using CCleaner and it'll load fine. Other times it'll just hang again. Keeping cookies for the site doesn't work either. This problem started around the 31st Jan / 1st Feb. From the 3rd to the 4th Feb the site worked 100% fine e.g. would load perfectly everytime. But since Friday it's been buggy again. I'm also having problems loading this adult site as well: http://www.xvideos.com/. Again sometimes the page will load but without the embedded video. This seems to be related to the Blu-ray.com problem, as when one site works the other does too. And when one site doesn't work the other doesn't work either. I don't seem to have issues with other websites, just these two.

I did alter some things to my computer to speed up the network around the end of last month, just before the problems transpired. I disabled autotuning, removed RDC and disabled IPv6 as instructions said on this website: http://www.sysprobs.com/windows-7-network-slow. However I turned all these features back on with no effect.

I've posted on the forum.blu-ray.com and asking for help but no ones responded. I've tried everything to fix this, including disabling Anti-virus, Anti-spyware, Firewall, Adblocker (in IE add-ons) and Pop-up Blocker. I've tried flushing the DNS Cache, changing the DNS Servers, and rebooting the router. I've used this site: http://downforme.org/ to check if the sites are down, but they are always up and running. I've ran Esnet Nod32 and Malwarebytes and everthing is clean. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My system info:

Windows 7 64 Bit

Web Browsers: IE 11 and Firefox 44.0

Virus & Spyware Protection: Esnet Nod32 Anti-Virus, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SpywareBlaster

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:29 PM

My only thought for now is that you may not have restored everything exactly to the way it was.

#3 Billy32

Billy32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:09 PM

My only thought for now is that you may not have restored everything exactly to the way it was.

You mean those network speed up tweaks I did? Like I said previously I did put them back to default. Here are the screen grabs so you can check if they are ok:

Edit: How do you add attachments (screen grabs saved in Wordpad)?

#4 Billy32

Billy32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:11 PM

Also forgot to mention that I ran this program to look for the best DNS Servers: https://code.google.com/archive/p/namebench/ Not sure if this would cause any problems?

#5 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:19 PM

Unfortunately, you can't attach anything in this section of the forum (maybe to save on bandwidth?). You'll need to use a free image hosting site like imgur. Upload your screenshots, and from there, copy the images and paste them into your next reply.

#6 Billy32

Billy32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:54 AM

Unfortunately, you can't attach anything in this section of the forum (maybe to save on bandwidth?). You'll need to use a free image hosting site like imgur. Upload your screenshots, and from there, copy the images and paste them into your next reply.

Thanks for the help. Here are the images:

Xz8tlmF.jpg

OQpKvo8.jpg

E9j1dDF.jpg

#7 Billy32

Billy32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:56 AM

Strange thing is Blu-ray.com seems to be working for me again. Can't figure this one out!

#8 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:36 PM

The site is working in both Firefox and Internet Explorer?

#9 Billy32

Billy32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:10 PM

The site is working in both Firefox and Internet Explorer?

Yes. The site is working in both browsers. Although pages were hanging again earlier this afternoon. I've posted a thread on the Blu-ray.com forum again and someone responded saying they had the same issues. Still not 100% sure if its a problem with the site or my computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users