Noverwrite 2.0 Stable:
Noverwrite is an opensource filename suggestion tool written in Bash for GNU/Linux. It is intended to be used by tools which need to write a file, but wish to make sure the filename being used is unique, rather than ovewriting an existing file. Installation instructions, a list of dependencies, and a copy of the license are included in the download.
This release incorporates major changes to the code base! If your tool expects certain results from Noverwrite, update your code accordingly before using this release.Changes:
- User can suggest a preferred name to check first. If the file doesn't exist, this name will be suggested. If the file exists this name will be used as the basename for the suggestion.
- Noverwrite now uses nstf as the base name when no preferred name is suggested rather than "temp1.nstf".
- Errors now exit with "exit 1" instead of just "exit".
- Checks are now performed with head, tail, and sometimes the exit status, rather than cat or wc.Features:
- Suggests a filename that won't collide with an existing file in the specified path.
- User can suggest a preferred name to check first.
- Split into several scripts so thirdparty tools can easily use Noverwrite. A demo script is provided to show how this can be done.Download Links:https://mega.nz/#!M0pkBaZJ!hK9nzMFuRgrKKjpPMvqMYvpITEMs12UpoHv8e4h7_ygChecksums:
Edited by Al1000, 10 September 2016 - 02:03 PM.
update download link