Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD Rom Drive missing, but not in safe mode, any ideas how to fix?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 IntelWiz

IntelWiz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:49 PM

PC Spec

32-bit Windows 95/Dos Packard bell pc

My cd rom drive isn't responding, I pop the disc in, it makes the typical sputter disc read, the small little bulb near the disc tray flashes yellow for a second and then nothing, nada, it wont read the disc.

SO I go into safe mode and access ''device manager'' and notice that my ''CD Rom drive'' appears but ''only'' in ''safe mode'' however it still doesn't work or show up in my ''computer''. When in ''normal mode'', it ''doesn't appear'' in device manager or my computer, its missing.

How can I fix this? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 IntelWiz

IntelWiz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:44 PM

You guys have been terrific help thanks

#3 devilus

devilus

• Members
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 06 May 2016 - 05:17 AM

It may be a little late. But anyway:

When you're in safe mode, try to uninstall it via device manager (right click --> uninstall). And see what happens after restarting your PC.

Self-built PC, Lian-Li PC-A70B, GA-EX38-DS5, Intel Core 2 Duo 3GHz, Leadtek 9600GT, Kingston 4GB DDR2, Enermax Galaxy 850W

Selective boot (F12):

Vista Ultimate SP2 32bit, installed 2008, Samsung HD502HJ (500GB, SATA)

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, installed 2016, Samsung 850 EVO (120GB, SSD)

Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon 64 bit, installed 2018, Intel 320 (120GB, SSD)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users