Hello Archer32, and Welcome to the BleepingComputer.
My name is Yılmaz and I'll help you with the cleanup of malware from your computer.
Before we move on, please read the following points carefully.
- Please complete all steps in the specified order.
- Even if tools don't find malware, I want you to post the logfiles anyway.
- Please copy and paste the logfiles directly into your posts. Please do not attach them unless you are instructed to do so.
- Read the instructions carefully. If you have problems, stop what you were doing and describe the problems you encountered as precisely as you can.
- Don't install or uninstall software during the cleanup unless you are told to do so.
- If you can't answer for the next few days, please let me know. If you haven't answered within 5 days, I am assuming that you don't need help anymore and your topic will be closed.
- I can not guarantee that we will find and be able to remove all malware. The cleaning process is not instant. Please continue to review my answers until I tell you that your computer is clean
- Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic
- As my first language is not English, please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to understand.
- Please open as administrator the computer. How is open as administrator the computer?
- Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, as they will interfere with our tools and the removal. If you are unsure how to do this, please refer to get help here
What is the file and is it safe ?
Please delete all
C:\Program Files (x86)\stinger
C:\Program Files (x86)\Tweaking.com
- Please make sure your browsers are closed before continuing.
- Be sure to temporarily disable all antivirus/anti-spyware softwares
Please download this attached
3 downloads and save it in the same directory as FRST.
- Start FRST with Administrator privileges.
- Press the Fix button.
- When finished, a log file (Fixlog.txt) pops up and is saved to the same location the tool was run from.
Please copy and paste its contents in your next reply.
NOT : It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.
and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.
Replace your current HOSTS file with a tweaked one, as the MVPS Host file, that restricts access to known bad sites improving your security.
It basically prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting the attempted connections to 127.0.0.1, which is the IP of your local computer.
To do it:
- Download hosts.zip and save it to your desktop
- Right click the file you just downloaded on your desktop and select => Extract to "hosts\"
- In the hosts folder on your desktop, double click on mvps.bat file to run the program
- A prompt will appear, press any key to continue
A good source of information about safe computing is this topic by quietman7.
PC restart now.
How is the machine running now ?