Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Planning on Purchasing a new Desktop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 primewatcher

primewatcher

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:31 PM

Hey everyone,

My computer is getting pretty old and I have been in the market for a new one.

I mainly use my computer for schoolwork and various gaming. The games are mainly rpgs such as Witcher and Dragon Age. Most of my regular gaming is on my PS4. I will only be using one monitor but might upgrade to more in the future. I am willing to build my PC but would prefer not to.

http://www.mwave.com.au/product/mwave-predator-960-gaming-pc-ab69544

The specs are on the website. Could someone look and see if this is good enough to use or should I look for something else? Can someone recommend a good antivirus as well? I am currently looking at bitdefender. Didn't really like Norton.

Edited by primewatcher, 06 February 2016 - 05:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 raymac46

raymac46

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:08 PM

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:30 PM

Some nice stuff there but you really need a better CPU. I would say i3 minimum, preferably i5 with that video card.

I use Bitdefender but it can cause some annoying problems. Right now I have to completely uninstall it if I want to upgrade my AMD Crimson video drivers. I'd take a look at ESET.

#3 primewatcher

primewatcher
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:58 AM

Thanks for the advice raymac46.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users