Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need Some Advice

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 silumor

silumor

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 06 February 2016 - 10:11 AM

Ok so I have this older intel i5 computer Asus motherboard,intel i5 8 gigs ram and I have this weird thing going on

video on the motherboard just stopped working one day. I I pulled all the parts put them into an old board except for 1 ram chip. Systems boots. I assume Motherboard is bad. I order a new one. Install all parts, does same thing.

I pull one ram chip, systems boots. I test each chip separately they both pass and both boot system separtaly

I try different ram chips. Same thing happens alone they all work together system comes on no video then powers off then back on. So I think ram amount ist supported on new board I check supports that chip x 4 I get new chips test does the same thing. I put different processor in my motherboard same effect. swap motherboards again same effect. Anyone know why all these boards would not boot properly as soon as I add more then one chip? Could it be the power supply? when I put in the other chip could that be to much on the power unit? I have swapped units also with the same effect. At this point Im stuck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:19 PM

Could we have a more detailed part list please? Does the computer continue running (albeit without video) untill you shut it down? Have you tried using different cables and monitors?

Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#3 silumor

silumor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:19 AM

It was the power unit. I tried 3 different monitors, 3 different mobos , and 4 different ram configs. every time id put more then 1 ram stick the system would power on no video then restart, no beeps no nothing other then that, its the PS unit is bad or not powerful enough, even though I tried different units they didnt work. They must not have had enough power to push this chip and board + ram

#4 ScathEnfys

ScathEnfys

Bleeping Butterfly

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:03 PM

What PSU is it? I would also like a detailed part list.
Proud system builder, modder, and watercooler.

GitHub | SoundCloud | Keybase

#5 silumor

silumor
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:41 PM

I have already solved my problem, Thanks for looking and your replies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users