A friend is telling me that some offending files "FHNH" and "smishing.b" have originated from my computer.
Naturally this is alarming, but I need to transfer data by portable hard drive so this must be fixed. I have had a difficult virus before like 5 years ago, B.exe, but this time I have no symptoms. I'm also finding nothing, but hey Im not an expert on computers either so...
So I have been scanning, and scanning some more.
OS: windows 10 home 64 bit
0. plugged in all portable hard drives
1. updated ccleaner and scanned all mediums
2. updated superantispyware and scanned all mediums
3. updated avast antivirus and scanned all mediums but found nothing, tried avast in safemode and it wouldn't load up. Uninstalled and replaced AV with AVG antivirus, updated
4. rebooted in safe mode with networking, unplugged wifi dongle
5. with updated malwarebytes, SAS and virus scan, scanned again with SAS and malware bytes and found some trash but none named the above.
6. with updated virus scan, scanned with AVG, found infections but wouldn't display report at end of scan so I couldn't tell what was done. Virus vault is empty.
7. scanned again with AVG in safe mode and it did the same thing not displaying result of found infections.
8. scanned with AVG not in safe mode and it finished scan and said there were no infections.
This is where I'm at now. Recommendations?
NOTE: I don't know how to add an attachment here so you can view my system specs
Edited by Vaxinius, 05 February 2016 - 04:04 PM.