Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Keyboards Keep Not Working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bg fun_*

Guest_bg fun_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:46 PM

Whenever I turn on my computer and try to log in, my Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard stops doesn't work. It can't be the keyboard, though, because the same thing happened to my old one, which is why I boight this one.

So, I have to turn off the computer, change what USB port it is connected into, and turn it back on, and it usually works. There's nothing wrong with the USB ports, though, because anything else works fine in them.

This problem is really starting to annoy me. I have the latest Microsoft Keyboard software, too, by the way. Is there any other software I need?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:51 PM

Windows Updates - you need all of the updates for your computer to be current.

#3 Guest_bg fun_*

Guest_bg fun_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:43 PM

Windows Updates - you need all of the updates for your computer to be current.

They are. I have automatic updates.

#4 JPHarvey

JPHarvey

• Members
  • 508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 PM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 06:20 PM

I often have the same problem with my mouse and keyboard on Windows XP Home SP2. You get to the logon screen, and neither the mouse nor keyboard works. The way I got around it however, was I pulled the mouse and keyboard USB plugs (whilst still at the logon screen) and put them back in the same slot. Windows automatically detects them and I'm good to go.

For me it only ever happens when I have removed the cables and power (to, for example, change the PSU). After doing [the above process] that, I don't need to do it again.

**Note - You shouldn't need to reboot your PC if they are USB devices.

Oh - I have a Logitech G5 Mouse, and Flexiglow CyberSnipa Keyboard, both USB. :thumbsup:

Edited by JPHarvey, 30 July 2006 - 06:21 PM.

[CPU]Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo @ 3.19GHz
[MoBo]ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium (nForce590)
[RAM]4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800 CL4 @ 710MHz
[GPU]XFX 8800 GTX 768MB [SLI] @ Stock
[PSU]CoolerMaster 1kW
[Audio]ASUS Xonar D2
[Case]Antec Nine Hundred
[OS]Windows Vista Ultimate 64
[LCD]SAMSUNG 226BW
[Other]WC'd CPU & SLI

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:55 PM

There's nothing wrong with the USB ports, though, because anything else works fine in them

Don't be too quick to jump to that conclusion. Is this a DELL computer by chance? Dell's have a history of buggy USB ports.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users