Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A.A.S Networking Technology

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sylice

Sylice

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:38 PM

I will be pursuing an A.A.S Networking Technology degree:
http://www.waynecc.edu/networking/degree/

While getting the CCNA certification to begin with.

I'm hoping to become a Network Administrator in the Raleigh, NC area.

I don't want to be unemployed after I get my degree and certifications, am I taking the right course of action to prevent that?

I do have a genuine passion for Technology and I've spent most of my free time reading Cisco books or building functional topologies in Cisco PacketTracer.

What jobs could I get with the degree and the certifications?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:07 PM

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:47 AM

Degrees and certifications are no guarantee of a job, they will help you, but they are not a guarantee.  A degree with certification is better than just a degree or just certification, but experience is the next item you will need.  You will find as you are gaining that experience that your degree and certifications are a foundation for what you need to do the job, but not everything you need to know.

What is your work experience?

You may need to accept lesser positions until you can gain the experience in doing what you want to do.  Contract jobs are a great way to gain experience and give you a better idea of what you want to do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users