Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus messing with my keyboard keys and scrolling

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa123

Alyssa123

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:31 PM

My brother on my laptop lenovo g50 downloaded teamviewer and the person logged on with another person and joined via the 2nd logger so technically my brother wasn't looking at his computer but an overlay of looking at his pc through the hackers pc or something like that. There we're 2 screens that I seen, mine and mine on his pc. 

Anyways I've ran one-key recovery, a button on the laptop to reformat and all the keys are messed up. Example, I'll press a or l and it'll come up al as 1 key, same with other keys. Then the scrolling, it'll scroll through a number of things randomly. This is happening offline, without any connecting after reformat. Is the virus in the boot sector\mbr? How to remove it completely and delete one-key recovery hidden partition as I don't want that either. 

I've ran malwarebytes, awdcleaner, ccleaner and tried combofix but said its not supported for windows 2000....when I'm on w8.1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alyssa123

Alyssa123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 05 February 2016 - 03:54 PM

He was keylogging me and idk what he donwloaded on my brothers laptop so I need someone to tell what to do

#3 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:06 AM

Sorry for the delay. Could you please do the following?:
  • Please do not run any tools on your own while we solve this. Some are rather powerful, and using one at the wrong moment can have catastrophic effects. Also please refrain from seeking help for this problem elsewhere. Too many cooks spoils the broth.
  • Next, it is important that the instructions given be performed in the order given. We may need one tool to finish its job before another one starts.
  • If at any time my instructions are not clear stop and ask for clarification.
  • Rather than attach any logs to your post it is better that you copy and paste them instead, except if instructed otherwise.
  • Any program that I ask you run should only be run once.
  • As soon as your computer is clean I will let you know.
  • Please try to complete any tasks and reply in 24 hours. I will try to do likewise.
  • If you have any pirated software on your system I must ask that you remove them. No need for you to tell me if you do. Many times such programs are the source of many an infection, which makes cleaning a sick computer just that more difficult. And it's also against BleepingComputer's rules.
  • Lastly, do not make any changes to your computer from here on out until you get an "All Clear from me.
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system, download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
  • Right-click FRST then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).
  • When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press the Scan button.
  • When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.
  • Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.
Note 2: The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory the tool was run from). Please also paste that, along with the FRST.txt into your next reply.

You ran Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner. These tools produced logs as well.

For Malwarebytes
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
  • Exit Malwarebytes when done.
For Adwcleaner
That log will be in the.
C:\AdwCleaner folder

So it will be a big help if you
1) Run Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and post that log
2) Post Malwarebytes log
3) Post Adwcleaner log.

As a heads up it will take me a bit of time to go over them. I will have something for you in 24 to 48 hours.
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#4 Bezukhov

Bezukhov

Bleepin' Jazz Fan!

• Members
  • 2,718 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 AM

Posted 12 February 2016 - 08:05 AM

It's been a few days. Do you still need any help?
To err is Human. To blame it on someone else is even more Human.

#5 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 AM

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:46 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users