Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I think someone has remote access to my system and is changing internal settings

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 joenobody211

joenobody211

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2016 - 12:21 PM

I looked at the event logs and there is hundreds of errors over the past hour and day. Most of them I could not interpret but a few that struck me as odd is one that said "An attempt was made to query the existence of a blank password for an account." as well as numerous notifications of event logging being turned off as well remote access to enable my webcam and mic and turn off notification of this happening. Numerous notifications of different files have been given access to change event logs and on one or two occasions while looking at a log the screen would pop up an error along the lines of "log not found" and I could no longer access what I was reading. I have run malware bytes and it has found nothing.I have run hijack this logs but do not really know how to interpret them and am currently making rogue killer logs under suggestion on another forum of what to do before posting. I tried a system restore to an earlier date but it has had no effect.

I have also started following this instructions on what to do to get logs before posting on their forums 

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/vista-windows-7-8-10-malware-removal-cleaning-procedure.139681/

A little about my system:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8104 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics 4600, -2016 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 705575 MB, Free - 177696 MB;

Motherboard: TOSHIBA, Portable PC

I use this system for work so I hope to get it secured as soon as possible. Thanks to any who look over this!

Edited by joenobody211, 05 February 2016 - 12:32 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,330 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 AM

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:22 PM

Hi joe, Have you completed those scans:
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users