Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

This program is blocked by group policy, contact your system administrator for f

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BNDAZ

BNDAZ

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 05 February 2016 - 11:59 AM

windows 7 32 bit fully updated.

yesterday i tried to install a companion program to my Lorex Video surveillance system that uses Flir Cloud to live view my in home security system.

It is a video player made by the same company to view locally the downloaded video files from my security DVR( .dav format). ive downloaded the exe directly form their website, it also auto downloads if i allow it and dont already have it installed( the .exe) when i download a video file to my PC. Issue: When i click it to install it i get a windows dialog box that says "" (path is C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\SPTemp\Smart Player.exe) (File name changes but rest of path is the same depending on which file i try to run). ( this is a home PC of which i am the administrator.)

this happens using and administrator level windows account(and/or if i right click and "run as administrator) and it happens whether i use the file i directly downloaded form their site or through the software.

i spoke to their tech support and they have no idea. Ive googled a couple times but i am leary of deleting entire registry folders. Can someone explain more clearly why this is happening, and how to resolve it without compromising anything else in the system?

Edited by BNDAZ, 05 February 2016 - 11:59 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BNDAZ

BNDAZ
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:32 AM

still preprexed by this issue, someone suggested that cryptoprevent may be causing the issue( which i have installed and updated)

#3 markb74

markb74

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:00 AM

hi, came across your post helping the security person here at work with the same problem you have.

the issue is with the executable extractor/installer that's built in. this gave me issues on a win7 64 machine.

my work around was to use WinRAR to extract the original exe to a c:\blahblah directory, once there it was able to run the program executable and it fired up then asked to be associated with DAV files its first start up and life got magically better...

hopefully this helps the next person with this problem...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users