Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Making A Home Video

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 computer202

computer202

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 29 July 2006 - 09:10 PM

I am looking to edit a home video that i recorded with a sony handycam dcr-dvd105 camcorder. I tried to use windows movie maker but i couldnt figure out how to get the file on the hard drive. Sooo... i used DVD Dcrypter to get the movie on the hard drive. Now, the movie maker tells me the file is not supported. So I have several questions. Does anyone know of a completely free program that will convert files? Im not looking for one that is just a trial and only does five minutes worth of converting unless you pay for it...COMPLETELY FREE. If not this, does someone know a movie editing program that is also FREE that will support a dvd recorded off of this type of camera? I dont mind if the program is illegal...as long as it will work. Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:37 AM

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:20 AM

Hi computer202.
You'll want to convert the dvd files to mpeg for editing
One free conversion tool you already have (DVDD) see demultiplexing tutorial here.
Another free one is VOB2MPG (requires .net framework2 be installed first)

I dont mind if the program is illegal

We do. No can help you there.

#3 computer202

computer202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 09:55 AM

Thanks for the help, I wasnt using the decrypter that way so I'll see if it works. Sorry about the illegal thing...I was just frustrated and desperate. Thanks again

#4 computer202

computer202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

Okay, its still not working.
The file C:\2006_06_28_04H26M_PM\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1 - 0xE0 - Video - MPEG-2 - 352x480 (NTSC) - 4~3.M2V is not a supported file type, and it cannot be imported into Windows Movie Maker.
Thats the message im getting

#5 computer202

computer202
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:09 AM

bump

#6 brentthing

brentthing

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:31 PM

Windows Movie Maker Does support Mpeg - 2 or any Mpeg for that matter so you either have to convert it to WMV or AVI

Good Luck

#7 Nat Sci

Nat Sci

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:21 PM

I used this Program a couple of 6-8 times. Its very helpful although its shareware with a free tiral. I bought the whole version. (Note: the trial version MAY leave watermarks.

Edited by Nat Sci, 04 August 2006 - 08:22 PM.

Legend has it that... If you put an AOL disc the opposite way and play it you can hear devilish music... Even worse if you put it the right way... IT INSTALLS AOL!
Click here 3 times for $100,000<--- I mean .00001 dollars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users